Chekatrade ticket info.

Well that’s it then, if the Chronicle make a story of it I expect the Wear bridge to be closed off for weeks afterwards. The game is not work the steam off my piss either way, if people want to get worked up into a frenzy so be it.
Tbf I think it's a massive headache for us. The next 4 over Christmas in the league could shape our season. I doubt Ross has even given it a second thought yet. Come the day of the game and if we've had a decent Christmas, I bet he'd sooner reward players with a couple of days rest at home.

Tbf I think it's a massive headache for us. The next 4 over Christmas in the league could shape our season. I doubt Ross has even given it a second thought yet. Come the day of the game and if we've had a decent Christmas, I bet he'd sooner reward players with a couple of days rest at home.

I don’t think he will treat in any differently tbh. He will put a team out he thinks should be capable of winning, it won’t be full strength. Which they should win tbf, didn’t Port Vale splatter the Stoke U21s recently?

I don’t think he will treat in any differently tbh. He will put a team out he thinks should be capable of winning, it won’t be full strength. Which they should win tbf, didn’t Port Vale splatter the Stoke U21s recently?
Aye 4 nowt I think. I want us to win, simply because it's Newcastle and I want Sunderland to win every game regardless of who it's against. If we do though I won't won't texting mags I know or going to work and taking the piss as much.

Aye 4 nowt I think. I want us to win, simply because it's Newcastle and I want Sunderland to win every game regardless of who it's against. If we do though I won't won't texting mags I know or going to work and taking the piss as much.

I just can’t get into this Checkatrade thing, it’s universally disliked by the fans in general. However I would probably have a jaunt to Wembley all told, any excuse :lol:

If we beat you it will probably finish most of your lot off :lol:

Mags have a different system to ours so knackers from years ago will have loads of points (well they certainly had that system up to a few years ago). I know cos for about ten years a mag I know only went to our place and no others due to points from many moons ago.

If we win its the best of the lot marra.

This.
Play off semi.
Johnson last minute.

Is still just a running total, which is something i benefit from having over 200 points despite only making a couple of aways a season these days.

Is still just a running total, which is something i benefit from having over 200 points despite only making a couple of aways a season these days.
That sounds absolutely mental mind. Do the younger lads who go most weeks not kick off when every small/ vital allocation is taken by people who, in many cases, might have only been to 3 or 4 games in the last 5 years? Can't believe any club would run a system like that!

couldn't care less about newspapers marra. It will be the worst result in SAFC's history.
We need as many supporters as we can there then to avoid that happening .... I’m sorry but I don’t really agree, no one south of Darlington or north of Morpeth will even know this game is occurring.

That sounds absolutely mental mind. Do the younger lads who go most weeks not kick off when every small/ vital allocation is taken by people who, in many cases, might have only been to 3 or 4 games in the last 5 years? Can't believe any club would run a system like that!

Overwhelming majority of our games drop to 0 points mate (17 of the 19 did the year we got relegated, and over 50% of aways did even in the Championship when we were winning every week). You'll hear plenty of our fans whining about it when it comes round to the big matches, but these same people will turn their nose up to long trips to Southampton, midweek trips to Everton/Stoke etc.

Hope our system never changes tbh, I mean aye I have enough points for any game I want now so I'm biased, but anyone that puts the miles in can get a decent points total and start going to the in-demand fixtures after 3 or 4 seasons. Everyone had to start in the same place, and I know a fair few lads in their teens/early 20s with points totals in 3 figures.

I think the team he put out against Notts County was just about the right level. 1st team level but fringe players and 1st choicers who need minutes coupled with 1 or 2 lads stepping up from our very young U23 squad.

I think the team he put out against Notts County was just about the right level. 1st team level but fringe players and 1st choicers who need minutes coupled with 1 or 2 lads stepping up from our very young U23 squad.
I agree marra. I don't think he'll be tempted to play as strong a line as he can either. I know he went with pretty strong sides in the FA cup, but he'll know the league is priority. I think the next 4 games will be a big clue as to where we'll finish.

That's how all your nuggets from yesteryear still turn up for big games.

Overwhelming majority of our games drop to 0 points mate (17 of the 19 did the year we got relegated, and over 50% of aways did even in the Championship when we were winning every week). You'll hear plenty of our fans whining about it when it comes round to the big matches, but these same people will turn their nose up to long trips to Southampton, midweek trips to Everton/Stoke etc.

Hope our system never changes tbh, I mean aye I have enough points for any game I want now so I'm biased, but anyone that puts the miles in can get a decent points total and start going to the in-demand fixtures after 3 or 4 seasons. Everyone had to start in the same place, and I know a fair few lads in their teens/early 20s with points totals in 3 figures.

But it means you've benefitted due to age. Our system ensures people keep going or miss out. I probably missed three away games in five seasons at one point so would have been able to sack it all off for another five years and still pick and choose any game I wanted.

Last edited:
I have no desire to be there and it’s not a derby to me. A banana skin obviously as we are in a no win situation but if we won 5-0 ( which we won’t) I wouldn’t be bothered as it means nothing.
It's not a Derby to me either.
And I'm with you not going. Tbh, I think the best way for us is to totally ignore it.
Let 2800 of them turn up, and I hope we sell less than 10k
Its a nothing game which we can't really win.
We're playing their f***ing youth man

At present, till we could compete, not one prem awayday appeals to me and that includes OT where Im guaranteed 4 freebies including drink.

That's how all your nuggets from yesteryear still turn up for big games.

But it means you've benefitted due to age. Our system ensures people keep going or miss out. I probably missed three away games in five seasons at one point so would have been able to sack it all off for another five years and still pick and choose any game I wanted.

Point remains though that someone could have started going to away games from scratch 4 years ago and could have already amassed 60-70 points including pre season friendlies. Any season ticket holder can go to the majority of our away games, and you could build up enough for Sunderland within 5 years...

And I'm with you not going. Tbh, I think the best way for us is to totally ignore it.

This is the way I see it. It's a joke to be honest.
I hope more turn up for the lads we'll have on the pitch but meeting them in the old Soccer 6 at the Arena was as much of a Derby as this.

Point remains though that someone could have started going to away games from scratch 4 years ago and could have already amassed 60-70 points including pre season friendlies. Any season ticket holder can go to the majority of our away games, and you could build up enough for Sunderland within 5 years...

In a way its less of a closed shop than our system and lets folk work away or whatever without going to the back of the queue.

But you might have been able to do Sunderland away a couple of years earlier if it wasn't for people who never go now taking a decent number of the tickets. I just don't really see why people who used to go away regularly in 1996 or whatever should still be ahead of the younger lads who go every week. Probably not a massive issue most of the time in the prem but if you had some of the games we've had (afc Wimbledon in the cup or whatever) you could almost guarantee that lads who have been going fairly regularly last few years would be screwed over

But you might have been able to do Sunderland away a couple of years earlier if it wasn't for people who never go now taking a decent number of the tickets. I just don't really see why people who used to go away regularly in 1996 or whatever should still be ahead of the younger lads who go every week. Probably not a massive issue most of the time in the prem but if you had some of the games we've had (afc Wimbledon in the cup or whatever) you could almost guarantee that lads who have been going fairly regularly last few years would be screwed over
It's an absolutely shocking system.
No arguments for it at all.

Anyone viewing this as a game of any note needs to shake their heads. It should get the same shitty attendance it would any other checkatrade fixture. Anyone that turns up and kicks off is also a monumental knobhead.

I hope you do play a reasonably strong team as it would be a good challenge for our youth team. I and everyone else should expect you to win comfortably and when you do i wont be in the slightest bit arsed.

Back