Changing culture of the workplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye but we’re not talking a big city we’re on about some backwater hovel area. I looked at the prices and the place is a 3rd World country.

Apart from you haven’t worked out my niece is 17, her dad and mam split up and he had another child with another woman. Not that hard like :lol:
So that would make her half sister then......

Does the op vote Labour, is he in a union. Even if he was these thungs sre never going to happen. Imagine a smelly office dog and the inevitable allergies that some people imagine they have, some are even real.

Yes it would make sense to make up that my niece would have a sister. It’s utterly beyond the realms of plausibility. I’ll try and think of something easier to believe next time.
You should have just said family member, it would have saved you a lot of hassle.

Had a pool table at one place a few year back. We were all too busy to use it. The owners had their dog around too. Didn't bother me. Wouldn't call it a perk though.

Our place are signed up to something
where we get discounts on certain things. One lass uses it all the time for cinema tickets. I always forget to check.

Couldn't work at a place that wasn't flexible on hours and working from home though.

• Unlimited holidays
  • Reduced working hours
  • Work from home
  • Greater recognition & support of mental health issues*
  • Office dogs
  • Better breakout areas (pool tables, table tennis etc.) - Summed up by the WeWork offices I guess
  • Improved benefits packages around private healthcare, gym memberships, social clubs etc.

*I think all of these things relate back to this point.
comments on how the above would work at ours -
Unlimited holidays - some would take this as 365 days a year, whilst leaving so much work for others they wouldn't be able to take theirs.
Reduced working hours - would mean less pay for some as they are paid hourly. The salaried workers would have to work longer to pick up the undone work.
Work from home - apart from study or training this wouldn't work. The work has to be done in the work environment.
Support of mental health - pretty much kept at legal minimum.
Dogs - not everybody likes dogs. And who is going to care for it and pick up its poo? No space. Trip hazard. Possibly lose a member of staff for hours whilst dog is walked.
Better breakout areas. Laugh, we are lucky we have anywhere to go, sometimes we don't and you have to stagger breaks for a chair to come free.
Better what? :rolleyes::lol: , some are happy just not to be put on a disciplinary for no reason , that is about the best perk. Do get about a third of a week's money as a Christmas bonus which is better than a kick in the teeth.

Unlimited holidays - some would take this as 365 days a year, whilst leaving so much work for others they wouldn't be able to take theirs.
Reduced working hours - would mean less pay for some as they are paid hourly. The salaried workers would have to work longer to pick up the undone work.
Work from home - apart from study or training this wouldn't work. The work has to be done in the work environment.
Dogs - not everybody likes dogs. And who is going to care for it and pick up its poo? No space. Trip hazard. Possibly lose a member of staff for hours whilst dog is walked.
Better breakout areas. Laugh, we are lucky we have anywhere to go, sometimes we don't and you have to stagger breaks for a chair to come free.
Better what? :rolleyes::lol: , some are happy just not to be put on a disciplinary for no reason , that is about the best perk. Do get about a third of a week's money as a Christmas bonus which is better than a kick in the teeth.
Sounds shit. I thought everyone inside the M25 lived a dream lifestyle most of us could only aspire to?

• Unlimited holidays
  • Reduced working hours
  • Work from home
  • Greater recognition & support of mental health issues*
  • Office dogs
  • Better breakout areas (pool tables, table tennis etc.) - Summed up by the WeWork offices I guess
  • Improved benefits packages around private healthcare, gym memberships, social clubs etc.

*I think all of these things relate back to this point.
Targets = Work Hard =Hit Targets = Decent Bonus = Happy.

Simple in my World and yes I have a decent boss and I have a decent team.
Targets = Work Hard = Hit Targets = Happy.
I have a lovely boss too.

I think the stuff like breakout areas, office dogs, and to some extent, extrinsic 'perks' like discounted gym, cinema tickets, etc are shiny baubles that aren't likely to have that much of a positive impact on people.

There's plenty of research to suggest that having autonomy and a sense of control over how we work, and feeling trusted and supported by management are primary drivers of satisfaction and general wellbeing at work. If a workplace doesn't have at least some of these elements, the best breakout area in the world isn't going to help matters.

The missus' company have

13th salary payment
Sick isn't paid at full rate here but 5 days full paid sick days
Free tea, coffee, fruit
Lunch vouchers paid 60% by the company
Summer / Xmas parties all inc
50% off all thier products for family members
Pension payments
Flexible working hours
Home working
Plus she got 125% bonus last year

Me, I just get more money but fuck all else

Is the quality of life better over there?

Never been to the Czech Republic, but have been to Germany, Austria and Hungary and wouldn't mind living in either of those countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back