Changing culture of the workplace.

Don`t play the hard done to alone card we`re all in the same boat.....except some of us don`t have workplace assistants when we are crap at our jobs or umpteen training and holidays;) Summer break soon , might as well get the dig in already
You should see the list of stuff they want us to do in the holidays.

I’ve already told them it won’t get done. I’m having my holidays

You should see the list of stuff they want us to do in the holidays.

I’ve already told them it won’t get done. I’m having my holidays
I saw the list of stuff 20 year ago when me mam was alive and kicking, I can`t imagine its got any shorter or less odious

Ah it is. I checked out the annual wages etc and they’re paid a meagre amount. House prices are peanuts so if people there wanted to move here you’d end up living in horden or somewhere sadly.

Housing isn't cheap at all tbf mind

Cost of living is peanuts though, swings and roundabouts

I'll flop you payslips if you wanna compare mine to your class job mind

Thats the thing, you hear about employers doing this, and it is implied that that is what it is like all over.

Just a pet hate of mine.

1 fit isn't for all unfortunately no matter how it's rolled out

Last edited:
Housing isn't cheap at all tbf mind

Cost of living is peanuts though, swings and roundabouts

I'll flop you payslips if you wanna compare mine to your class job mind

You
I had a look before. My nieces sister lives there. Wages are small, housing is for nowt and the cost of living reflects what people can afford. No chance of you coming back here I’d imagine given you’ll have a tiny amount to spend if you sold your kip.

I had a look before. My nieces sister lives there. Wages are small, housing is for nowt and the cost of living reflects what people can afford. No chance of you coming back here I’d imagine given you’ll have a tiny amount to spend if you sold your kip.

Couldn't get the wages I'm on the the ne mate, less than 8k on the mortgage and will double the purchase price if I sold. So 180k in my pocket wouldn't do too badly as a deposit in horden

Couldn't get the wages I'm on the the ne mate, less than 8k on the mortgage and will double the purchase price if I sold. So 180k in my pocket wouldn't do too badly as a deposit in horden
Aye it wouldn’t if that was true. 180k would get you an ok house in the north east if you ever got to the stage where you had a house to sell worth that.

You do realize that just because the country averaged salaries are low, doesn’t mean the housing in big cities is cheap. I live on off Hanoi, Vietnam, and property or land prices are sky high.

The lad made a massive deal about buying a house on the quayside, if that house even exists...

If your niece is the daughter of your sibling, then your niece’s sister is also the daughter of your sibling.

In my experience many companies are making ,or considering making, changes to the way they employ staff. None of the ideas below are new but I am seeing a big trend in companies looking at stuff like this. (I work in engineering recruitment, so speak with employers trying to attract talent almost everyday)

Some of the positive initiatives I have seen an upward trend in recently are:

• Unlimited holidays
  • Reduced working hours
  • Work from home
  • Greater recognition & support of mental health issues*
  • Office dogs
  • Better breakout areas (pool tables, table tennis etc.) - Summed up by the WeWork offices I guess
  • Improved benefits packages around private healthcare, gym memberships, social clubs etc.

*I think all of these things relate back to this point.

These are all initiatives I like, and I'd like to adopt them across the board in my current company if possible. We've recently reduced our working hours and made them more flexible. I think the unlimited holidays idea is really good & that an office dog would be class too, but we work in serviced offices that don't allow it.

I wondered what experiences people have had good or bad with their employers introducing initiatives like this - what has worked well? what would you like to see?

Not everywhere in this or other countries. Try telling that to the zero hours workers in the shellfish industry or the workers in the factories and mines of India, Vietnam or North Korea.

Back