CC :: Gloucestershire v Durham

Why are people crying about the wicket? We won the toss and could have bowled first. Should be asking questions of the guy who made that call then threw down pies for seven an over on a wicket suited to his bowling (not to mention another forgettable innings with the bat). This Durham team is the best one in years and should have been fighting for the trophy IMO but the results have not matched the performances thanks in part to Borthwick's passive captaincy and inability to hold down an end. Trevaskis needs to start every game next season and SB needs to focus on his batting.
Why do you always criticise Scott Borthwick ?
The decision at the toss will have been discussed with the senior players and coaches and ultimately the Head Coach will have the final say.
Yes Scott will be disappointed at his runs total this season but he got a very good delivery, first ball, yesterday.
I agree that his bowling was poor yesterday. I think we will agree on that.
I think he is, and will be, an excellent signing for Durham.
Good luck to the lad.

Terrible run out for Jones
Borthwick involved yet again with bad decision of bad call and then saying yes and no and Borthwick now Out LBw
He has had a terrible season with bat
4 out lbw
Game won’t last the day
Some terrible cricket by Durham and the captain

Terrible run out for Jones
Borthwick involved yet again with bad decision of bad call and then saying yes and no and Borthwick now Out LBw
He has had a terrible season with bat
4 out lbw
Game won’t last the day
Some terrible cricket by Durham and the captain
Sold his mate down the river with that run - must have called yes and then decided nah and left him high and dry.

Also his LBW - why the fuck did he change his guard to off stump knowing the spinner is turning it into his pads? surely this guard increases that risk of LBW?

Mike Jones’ parents are sitting just along from us. He’s just been over to see them and looks absolutely sick as a chip. Can’t blame him after that run out and the dodgy LBW yesterday

Thank god Woecester is on tommorow as my 2 days in Bristol is startiing to look like one. Need 2 batters to get a start or we are done here

We haven’t played well at all but have had some wretched luck
Trev smashes a shot hard as you like
Hits Lace flush on the helmet who is very close in and bounces tamely off the helmet to the keeper😩😩

The decision at the toss will have been discussed with the senior players and coaches and ultimately the Head Coach will have the final say.
Yes Scott will be disappointed at his runs total this season but he got a very good delivery, first ball, yesterday.
Good luck to the lad.
i hope you're not implying that Borthwick is above criticism? On the positive side he's undoubtedly the best No 3 at the club even though the volume of runs hasn't been great this season and he's a reliable slip fielder. The fact that he can't be risked to bowl on a spinner's track says everything about his reliability as a bowler. At 31 year old time to put the "promsising leg spinner" finally to bed.
been involved in several run outs this season yet rarely has he been the one to lose his wicket.
he's just not captaincy material- how many times this season has he relieved pressure on the opposition be bringing himself on to bowl? Scott's undoubtedly Durham through and through but time to concentrate solely on his batting and get back to a regular 1000+ runs a season man imo.

Last edited:
Just catching up on the nv play video highlights.Hard to get a true focus but some of those LBW decisions are like reminiscing about my NWDL days when as a youngun the umpires were razor sharp when the circular bus passed by with a ten minute turnaround .

Good luck to the lad.
Cos he's been poor with bat, ball and captaincy all season. If he had had a good season nobody would be critical.

Good luck to the lad.
He is obsessed with Borthwick. I would love to know the back story. It’s not normal.

Back