CC :: Gloucestershire v Durham

Mind the Durham batsmen are clueless against the turning ball. Last game of the season and it's the first turn they have seen all season.
Eckersley looking good then plays a loose drive caught at cover.
Coggers out on a "hail Mary" sweep.
Trevaskis faces his first ball and goes for a "hail Mary" sweep and is caught in the boundary. Very poor batting!

The first ball Lees faced from Zafar pitched wide outside off and went to leg slip - I’ve no problem at all with our lads attempting to try have a dart to nullify the ridiculous turn or to atleast get the bowlers off their lines and lengths.
Hammond batting ok then shows no patience and attempts to smack one over the bowlers head and hits it straight to mid on.

Clearly worried about this shambolic pitch. When Trev is getting them to spit up at the keepers chin off a length on the first afternoon you know something is up.

Last edited:
The first ball Lees faced from Zafar pitched wide outside off and went to leg slip - I’ve no problem at all with our lads attempting to try have a dart to nullify the ridiculous turn or to atleast get the bowlers off their lines and lengths.

Clearly worried about this shambolic pitch. When Trev is getting them to spit up at the keepers chin off a length on the first afternoon you know something is up.
Pitch is poor but some of Durham's shot selection was poor basically just slogs.

Pitch is poor but some of Durham's shot selection was poor basically just slogs.
I don’t (and didn’t) disagree, but as I say, the batsmen of both sides have evidently decided they’d rather ‘die trying’.

Case in point there, first ball after Tea, practically a Yorker which bounced OVER the keeper and slips 🤷‍♂️
Ben Debenham is a cheat.

Last edited:

One of the problems with English cricket is that there aren’t more pitches like this imo.

Our batsmen then fall to bits in Asia and everyone moans. It’s an interesting watch.

Want to relieve pressure on the opposition
“ Bring Borthwick on”😂😂
16 runs off four balls
Van Buuren gets 50 thanks to badger chucking pies

Last edited:
All over for the day
Our batting was iffy and Ill disciplined
We need early wickets in the morning to keep in the game
Our bowling was ok other than Borthwick who surrendered any momentum to Glos.
We have to up our game in the field also as a couple of opportunities missed there as well
First hour in the morning I think will be crucial as to whether we can claw ourselves into a more positive position

Back