Caught speeding #189245

Status
Not open for further replies.

The highway code says something about passing a vehicle as quickly as possible when overtaking,or it did 20 years ago, I mean bloody hell you are overtaking a bloody great tractor, you are going to be watching the road ahead, and not your speedometer aren't you

The highway code says something about passing a vehicle as quickly as possible when overtaking,or it did 20 years ago, I mean bloody hell you are overtaking a bloody great tractor, you are going to be watching the road ahead, and not your speedometer aren't you

Finally someone who understands my point of view.

Fancy representing me in court

Wasn't as many speed cameras around at the time though, was there?

Wasn't as many speed cameras around at the time though, was there?

Rule 163 from the highway code:

• not get too close to the vehicle you intend to overtake
  • use your mirrors, signal when it is safe to do so, take a quick sideways glance if necessary into the blind spot area and then start to move out
  • not assume that you can simply follow a vehicle ahead which is overtaking; there may only be enough room for one vehicle
  • move quickly past the vehicle you are overtaking, once you have started to overtake. Allow plenty of room. Move back to the left as soon as you can but do not cut in
  • take extra care at night and in poor visibility when it is harder to judge speed and distance
  • give way to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other obstructions on your side of the road
  • only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so
  • stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left
  • give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car (see Rules 211 to 215).
I followed what was in bold

Rule 163 from the highway code:

• not get too close to the vehicle you intend to overtake
  • use your mirrors, signal when it is safe to do so, take a quick sideways glance if necessary into the blind spot area and then start to move out
  • not assume that you can simply follow a vehicle ahead which is overtaking; there may only be enough room for one vehicle
  • move quickly past the vehicle you are overtaking, once you have started to overtake. Allow plenty of room. Move back to the left as soon as you can but do not cut in
  • take extra care at night and in poor visibility when it is harder to judge speed and distance
  • give way to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other obstructions on your side of the road
  • only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so
  • stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left
  • give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car (see Rules 211 to 215).
I followed what was in bold
All well and good but it doesn’t say speed. That’s said, it doesn’t say not to.

Print this thread out as your defence.

Where in Crook was this as I’ll be there all Christmas and have never seen where they put the cameras

High west road

All well and good but it doesn’t say speed. That’s said, it doesn’t say not to.

Print this thread out as your defence.

Surely this coupled with the fact I was overtaking a wide vehicle, whilst only exceeding the chargeable speed by 1mph (10%+1 rue), would work in my favour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back