Caught speeding #189245

where would those areas be?

The parts of the ceremonial county of County Durham that are controlled by the respective Hartlepool and Stockton local authorities.

One on the A689 just outside Hartlepool, and two on Durham road just outside Stockton.

Crook's a long way from Fishburn. Suspiciously so.

We don’t welcome outsiders. We also don’t like insiders.

Must be my age as well as the last speed awareness course I have slowed down.
Driving around 26000 miles a year,mainly football related and always in a rush.
Learned to leave more time for the journey.
Had plenty of fines over the years but never hit my insurance with a Company Car. The taxman does the damage.

OP - don’t waste the letter mate you have got no chance.

The parts of the ceremonial county of County Durham that are controlled by the respective Hartlepool and Stockton local authorities.

One on the A689 just outside Hartlepool, and two on Durham road just outside Stockton.

so not in county durham then. forget about that ceremonial county bollocks as well.

so not in county durham then. forget about that ceremonial county bollocks as well.
Stockton and Hartlepool are boroughs. Next you'll be telling us they're in the county of Cleveland.

Two on Durham Road? Heck. I use that road most days and have only spotted one.

OP: you're screwed, just pay up and put it down to experience. Speeding is an absolute offence, the only way to realistically plead not guilty is either to show beyond doubt either that you were not driving the vehicle at the time the offence occurred, or that the equipment used to provide evidence against you was faulty or not operated correctly. You could try some other approach if you can afford a smartarse lawyer on thousands a day, but that's not really worthwhile is it?
What you're saying about having been caught while overtaking is not a defence, only a possible mitigation, however, if you went to court and tried it on the magistrates would almost certainly take a dim view of you, given you have no option but to plead guilty (and thus incur a fine/points) and you've already been offered the lowest fine you're going to get...

I'm not a lawyer mind, just a random twat on a message board. I totally sympathise, those bloody cameras boil my piss, because the one thing they can't ever do is take context into account. A traffic copper is never going to pull you for 5 miles over the limit while overtaking because it would be stupid, cameras though, they only see in black and white :evil:

OP: you're screwed, just pay up and put it down to experience. Speeding is an absolute offence, the only way to realistically plead not guilty is either to show beyond doubt either that you were not driving the vehicle at the time the offence occurred, or that the equipment used to provide evidence against you was faulty or not operated correctly. You could try some other approach if you can afford a smartarse lawyer on thousands a day, but that's not really worthwhile is it?
What you're saying about having been caught while overtaking is not a defence, only a possible mitigation, however, if you went to court and tried it on the magistrates would almost certainly take a dim view of you, given you have no option but to plead guilty (and thus incur a fine/points) and you've already been offered the lowest fine you're going to get...

I'm not a lawyer mind, just a random twat on a message board. I totally sympathise, those bloody cameras boil my piss, because the one thing they can't ever do is take context into account. A traffic copper is never going to pull you for 5 miles over the limit while overtaking because it would be stupid, cameras though, they only see in black and white :evil:
There's someone operating that camera though. They no doubt saw what he did in relation to the speed he'll have been doing.
They obviously chose to ignore it and give him a ticket anyway.

Thought i got caught out. No letter received. Made me think though, slowed down to limits but the abuse i get is incredible. Not bothered

Rule 163 from the highway code:

• not get too close to the vehicle you intend to overtake
  • use your mirrors, signal when it is safe to do so, take a quick sideways glance if necessary into the blind spot area and then start to move out
  • not assume that you can simply follow a vehicle ahead which is overtaking; there may only be enough room for one vehicle
  • move quickly past the vehicle you are overtaking, once you have started to overtake. Allow plenty of room. Move back to the left as soon as you can but do not cut in
  • take extra care at night and in poor visibility when it is harder to judge speed and distance
  • give way to oncoming vehicles before passing parked vehicles or other obstructions on your side of the road
  • only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so
  • stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left
  • give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car (see Rules 211 to 215).
I followed what was in bold
If you have to break the speed limit to overtake a vehicle you shouldn't be overtaking it.

If you have to break the speed limit to overtake a vehicle you shouldn't be overtaking it.

I didn't have to break the speed limit, it is sensible however to overtake quite quickly don't you think?

Also this was not your average tractor, it was one of them git big red ones with things sticking out arl owa. Didn't want to spend too much time next to him

I didn't have to break the speed limit, it is sensible however to overtake quite quickly don't you think?

Also this was not your average tractor, it was one of them git big red ones with things sticking out arl owa. Didn't want to spend too much time next to him
But if you have to break the speed limit to overtake him quickly you shouldn't have done it.

Back