Caught speeding #189245

If the tractor was doing 20mph, if you went to 30 you'd have been doing 11 feet per second more than it, got past it in what, three seconds?

I think all the calls for prison are ridiculous though. Public birching more appropriate in this case.

Thought i got caught out. No letter received. Made me think though, slowed down to limits but the abuse i get is incredible. Not bothered
Taxi drivers are the worst offenders for that.
If you stick to the limit and they're behind you, they go f***ing nuts.

Utter cock ends of the road.

I think there should be education of the effects of speeding (excessively) and drink driving before a driving test can be past, even if just a 1 day thing showing statistics etc However, I don't know anything about the potential cost and use of resources this would need.

High West Road

It could be incorporated into the theory test. Anyone can answer questions however shown a photo of a younging with a fence post through his head as he thought it would be ok to drive after a few pints or cos he wanted to get home 5 mins faster might change their ideas of whats ok and whats not. As someone that is trained to drive safely and for a living, more can be done. Whether that changes anything? Maybe not. Maybe the arse holes will forever be arse holes but if it saves a couple of lives

:?:

Silly idea.

Why should a 26 year old who just passed their test yesterday be able to drive a 2.2 but not a 24 year old who passed their test six years ago?

If you want to restrict cars for young drivers do it by experience, that would be much fairer than your ageist policy.

Most 26 year olds will be maturer than 17 year olds and drive more responsibly. Like everything with age restrictions there has to be a cut off.

That said an age restriction would prevent some being allowed to drive their parents cars if they couldnt afford their own if they didnt actually need one. I just used my dads car for 7 or 8 years after passing, but it was only a 1.3 so not powerful.

Just got a letter through the post saying I was caught doing 35 on a 30 road in Crook. I was expecting this letter as the incident in question, I was behind a tractor who was doing 20, I overtook him and just as I got level I seen the police speed van parked up on the side of the road.

I was also caught doing 35 in a 30 2 years ago so did the speed awareness course, I assume I won't be offered it again this time? Is there any way I can appeal obviously stating the fact I was only overtaking a tractor?

If I end up with 3 points, how much is this likely to impact my insurance? I am already paying £1200

Fed up.

Ask a relative to take the points. You pay the fine. I believe these should be shared amongst the family. Especially at Christmas

Anyone fancy taking the points? small fee included :D:lol:

It's shocking how much premiums are for youngens.

There's an 18 year old down the road from me just got quoted £3700 with a black box on a 1.2 fiesta. Poor fucker, I told him t get the bus for a few years.

There are plenty cheaper than that. Still expensive but not that much. Also he should have got a 1.0 car.

Last edited:
It's understandable I suppose , 24yr olds don't have a lot of patience , bummer that plod was sat waiting. When you get be an old codger like me you will look back and thing ffs all i had to do was wait a couple of minutes .

Should get the police van out near me

I sometimes have to use a particular road to and from meetings that goes from a 60 to a 50, to a 30 to a 40. At the moment, the 50/30/40 part is all 30 due to roadworks

Signs are clear as day - 30mph. The last three times I have driven it I have dropped to 30 at the signs and not even once have I had a car behind me, every single one has overtaken me at speed and kept going as if the 30 sign was never there. *****

Seriously one hidden speed camera and I think the police would get a few hundred convictions an hour

In fact it’s a busy road so probably well over a thousand as almost everyone was doing 50 in a 30

I sometimes have to use a particular road to and from meetings that goes from a 60 to a 50, to a 30 to a 40. At the moment, the 50/30/40 part is all 30 due to roadworks

Signs are clear as day - 30mph. The last three times I have driven it I have dropped to 30 at the signs and not even once have I had a car behind me, every single one has overtaken me at speed and kept going as if the 30 sign was never there. *****

Seriously one hidden speed camera and I think the police would get a few hundred convictions an hour

In fact it’s a busy road so probably well over a thousand as almost everyone was doing 50 in a 30

and that's why you'll never start a thread on here twisting about being caught speeding.
i've just come back from durham past sherburn hospital where it's 30. a council van thinks he's exempt from this and hosses past. apart from the fact there's a junction and the exit to the hospital that someone could pull out of there's also a police car a bit in front of me that if the council gadgy was looking properly he would have seen. shame the copper mustn't have seen him in his rear view mirror.

Some people do 40 in a 70, 60, 50, 20, and 30 zones. It's like a universal speed to them, oblivious to all around them.

You're stuck behind them on a national speed road doing 40, then they hit a 30, and think it's Ok to carry on doing that speed.

NOBHEADS

I was stuck behind one of these the other day, tootling along doing 40 through a 30, then they were at 35 on a 40, then 40 on a 60! I overtook them and they started flashing me, couldn't believe it.

It's understandable I suppose , 24yr olds don't have a lot of patience , bummer that plod was sat waiting. When you get be an old codger like me you will look back and thing ffs all i had to do was wait a couple of minutes .

Tbh it will just be one of those things I will learn from I think, as harsh as it may be at the end of the day I was doing 5mph over the speed limit, my own fault.

Snitches get stitches

Last edited:

Back