Caught speeding #189245

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone fancy taking the points? small fee included :D:lol:

It's shocking how much premiums are for youngens.

There's an 18 year old down the road from me just got quoted £3700 with a black box on a 1.2 fiesta. Poor fucker, I told him t get the bus for a few years.

Sadly there is a small group of youngins who act like whoppers when they get a car. More needs to be done in tests to show repercussions of driving like a tit

Sadly there is a small group of youngins who act like whoppers when they get a car. More needs to be done in tests to show repercussions of driving like a tit
There should be restrictions on the power of the car. Under 25s only allowed to drive 1 litres for example.

He wouldn't have been able to overtake the tractor then..

Just got a letter through the post saying I was caught doing 35 on a 30 road in Crook. I was expecting this letter as the incident in question, I was behind a tractor who was doing 20, I overtook him and just as I got level I seen the police speed van parked up on the side of the road.

I was also caught doing 35 in a 30 2 years ago so did the speed awareness course, I assume I won't be offered it again this time? Is there any way I can appeal obviously stating the fact I was only overtaking a tractor?

If I end up with 3 points, how much is this likely to impact my insurance? I am already paying £1200

Fed up.

Where in Crook?

There should be restrictions on the power of the car. Under 25s only allowed to drive 1 litres for example.

:?:

Silly idea.

Why should a 26 year old who just passed their test yesterday be able to drive a 2.2 but not a 24 year old who passed their test six years ago?

If you want to restrict cars for young drivers do it by experience, that would be much fairer than your ageist policy.

:?:

Silly idea.

Why should a 26 year old who just passed their test yesterday be able to drive a 2.2 but not a 24 year old who passed their test six years ago?

If you want to restrict cars for young drivers do it by experience, that would be much fairer than your ageist policy.
Fair enough, just throwing it out there. :lol:
Calm down fella, put the shotgun down.

Anywhere else points mean prizes except in this case when you got the booby and not in a nice way - sorry meant:eek: bobby:lol:

I think there should be education of the effects of speeding (excessively) and drink driving before a driving test can be past, even if just a 1 day thing showing statistics etc However, I don't know anything about the potential cost and use of resources this would need.

Where in Crook?

High West Road

Seems fair enough but it should be by bhp/ps not engine size given that car manufacturers are trying to squeeze as much power out of little engines as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back