Carvery etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who frequent carveries can't even spell etikuette ...etiqett ....manners

Oak Tree Farm at Doxford Park, on a Sunday Lunch time is a sight to behold.

I went in once and vowed never to return. A 1 hour wait for the friggin carvery and the people where just disgusting.

Highlights include :-

Piling the plate so high it's falling off on the way back to the seat.
Only eating half of the mountain before giving up.
Dragging a chair outside to finish off the mountain because "they don't let yet have a f***ing tab in there man"
Dragging the table in front of the entrance doors and wedging them open because they're "roasting"
Blocking the whole queue because there no mash at the veg station.
Using the word "mash" multiple times in one sentence. "Any mash mate, theres nee mash, just want some mash, how long on the mash"
Driving up to the front door to drop everyone off, then deciding to just leave the blue badge wagon there, one wheel up on the double yellowed curb.
The whole place was just full of walking sticks, zimmers, electric chairs and wheelchairs, all used by people just too fat to walk unaided.

Even the wife (no) who is very tolerant and forgiving about such things said "I'm never coming back here again"

Sounds erm canny :)

They used to do a lovely carvery at the Italian Kitchen on the border of Suddick / Fulwell. The gammon was divine.

However, I read a review on Friday (I was thinking about going that night) that they've stopped?

Ended up having Friday tea at the Italian Kitchen West Rainton instead. Lovely as usual and cheap too, £75 for 5!
They did stop for 1 week, but it was absolute bedlam with the suddickers rioting and walking out in their droves, so it’s back to carvery now.

They have had issues with people taking the piss. As above scatter practice highlights, people were eating their fill going back for a full plate of veg then asking for a takeaway container.

Management put a polite notice on the tables saying takeaway service would no longer be available (for left overs). So next up the scruffy twats just brought their own containers in. Mingers!

They did stop for 1 week, but it was absolute bedlam with the suddickers rioting and walking out in their droves, so it’s back to carvery now.

They have had issues with people taking the piss. As above scatter practice highlights, people were eating their fill going back for a full plate of veg then asking for a takeaway container.

Management put a polite notice on the tables saying takeaway service would no longer be available (for left overs). So next up the scruffy twats just brought their own containers in. Mingers!

:lol:

Deary me, poor show.

My Ma's a Suddicker but she's lived on the South side for over 50 years now so she's a bit more refined these days ;)

Don’t get me wrong mate, I am born and bred Suddick. The vast majority of us are dead canny really.

Her Da, Ted 'Rover' Middleton was a Suddicker too. His family lived in Morgan Street for about a hundred years until they emigrated to Red House just after the war :)

I had a pint with him in the Duck once but he was more regular in Red House clerb.

not as bad as the eat-as-much-as-you-can world buffets. people are disgusting.

lasagne with chicken curry all over it. saw a bloke quite literally with piles of rice and chips and everything around his chair on the floor, the remnants of each plate that he'd got sick of half way through. unbelievable wastage

“It’s a offer not a challenge” was once said to a friend (lady) of mine

Waiter service doesn't make a difference as on a Sunday the bait would just be kept under heat lights in the kitchen anyway, quality of food would still be the same

That’s me :cool:

I wouldn’t push in front of someone though I have manners.

One called the Killingworth arms in Forrest Hall does proper lush ones on a Sunday best I’ve had.
Strictly speaking it’s in Killingworth Village ;) but your point about the quality is certainly bang on!
(It’s my local!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back