Carvery etiquette

If there are loads of people waiting for someone to carve them a bit beef, why would you wait for an extra couple of toasties.

Anyone who goes to a carvery on a Sunday deserves to wait though tbh
Not sure i get you? We weren't in a queue for the meat and obviously the bloke wanting another plate of taties and veg couldn't go behind us - the chef would then have had a decision to make. I wasnt arsed, just thought it was strange behaviour.

Any half decent restaurant wouldn't let you in wearing a vest and tracksuit bottoms, thats why.
Ha aye good point.

Just don’t get it. Veg especially greens need to be served straight away before they go soggy. Under a lamp they go shit.

Did you ever go to the 1A cafe in Shields?
Nah. Like I get that if you were starving and there’s nowt about fill your boots but they seem to be a lot of people’s go to.

Not sure i get you? We weren't in a queue for the meat and obviously the bloke wanting another plate of taties and veg couldn't go behind us - the chef would then have had a decision to make. I wasnt arsed, just thought it was strange behaviour.

I thought you were queuing for the meat and someone bypassed the meat bit for a bit extra veg, as is normal.

Not sure what happened. Is it the second helping that seemed wrong? Isn't that why people go to these things? I'm not really a fan unless it's empty, a midweek £5 empty Toby isn't bad value, otherwise I'll avoid

Last edited:
No, but you will have seen people piling up the food on their plate as high as possible
My own fatha. That’s the only time I’ve been when they’ve chose dinner. Aneesas in Newcastle (Indian sorry if I’m being patronising there) does them. Why the fuck would you do that. So does Sambucca.

I thought you were queuing for the meat and someone bypassed the meat bit for a bit extra veg, as is normal.

Not sure what happened.
No we were getting the meat put on our plates and were the only ones in the queue. He came in the wrong way with his dirty plate and filled it up again. If that happens all the time fair enough.
The doggy bag is strange as well.

My own fatha. That’s the only time I’ve been when they’ve chose dinner. Aneesas in Newcastle (Indian sorry if I’m being patronising there) does them. Why the fuck would you do that. So does Sambucca.

That's a buffet though, get up as many times as you like. Carvery you just get up once and cram as much veg and tatties on your plate as you can

No we were getting the meat put on our plates and were the only ones in the queue. He came in the wrong way with his dirty plate and filled it up again. If that happens all the time fair enough.
The doggy bag is strange as well.
I'd say he did the sensible thing to be fair.

If it's a Toby then the can go back as many times as you want. If it's a farm house then it's a single trip only.

That's a buffet though, get up as many times as you like. Carvery you just get up once and cram as much veg and tatties on your plate as you can
What I meant was they’re an Indian and Italian restaurant. I wouldn’t give my money to that. Love both cuisines but I wouldn’t go to either for Sunday dinner like.

Love going back up for seconds, thirds and more at the carvery like.

I do like quality over quantity most of the time but it's good to go crackers on the roasties once in a blue moon.

Back