Carvery etiquette

Just because its Cleadon does not mean that the afore mentioned establishment will be frequented by fat, greedy ignorant twats. A carvery is a carvery, that's the rules since 1980's at least.

Unfortunately this. It was a decent pub (assuming you're talking about the Brit), but Toby Carvery got it and have really made it a dive.

Taking the moral high ground about Carverys whilst chatting to strangers on the net at 20:50 on a Sunday night. This place :lol:
We're not strangers, we're just friends you haven't met yet......Unless you get in the politics forum in which case all usual rules of moral decency and fellowship for this place are off it seems. :lol:

f***ing pathetic creepy twat
Now now Robert :cry:

Last edited:
Not really, the place was rammed and we watched them replcing the veg regularly.
What do you think happens to the plates of uneaten curry when you go for an Indian?

They go straight in the bin. Kitchens in restaurants don’t have the space to save plates of uneaten food just in case. Costs them fuck all to make a dish again.

What do you think happens?

The carvery at The Cliff is absolutely tremendous. Meat cooked to perfection and really nice Yorkshires and veg. Well worth it. It's a 1 minute walk from the house too so if there's no chebbles I just get a takeaway and bring it home.

Yep, you don't go to a carvery expecting people to follow etiquette. They're designed for pigs who usually pile their plates so high they can't see where they're walking

That’s me :cool:

I wouldn’t push in front of someone though I have manners.

One called the Killingworth arms in Forrest Hall does proper lush ones on a Sunday best I’ve had.

Last edited:
The carvery at The Cliff is absolutely tremendous. Meat cooked to perfection and really nice Yorkshires and veg. Well worth it. It's a 1 minute walk from the house too so if there's no chebbles I just get a takeaway and bring it home.

Sounds erm canny :)

They used to do a lovely carvery at the Italian Kitchen on the border of Suddick / Fulwell. The gammon was divine.

However, I read a review on Friday (I was thinking about going that night) that they've stopped?

Ended up having Friday tea at the Italian Kitchen West Rainton instead. Lovely as usual and cheap too, £75 for 5!

Back