Carvery etiquette

And the customer if they don't like cabbage but want loads of roast taties.
I used to take my daughter to the Wearside Farm one for a kiddies class thing. It was first thing whilst they were setting the carvery up.

They just had bottles of sauce that they lashed over the various products and heated it up.

Love going back up for seconds, thirds and more at the carvery like.

I do like quality over quantity most of the time but it's good to go crackers on the roasties once in a blue moon.
I did one last week and thought my wrist was going to snap in half keeping the plate upright while i shovelled a mountain of food on like the pig i am

Blatant fishing

Found Toby carverys to be fairly hitty missy. The beef is always shite mind. Littered with veins and fat all the way through it. Turkey usually okay unless they are hacking away at the bones of it.

The veg is hitty missy especially. Go for one every couple of months. Yorkshires and stuffing are always good. Had about 3 good ones off the belt earlier this year then they were back to form with an overall shite one recently.

Last edited:
Blatant fishing

Found Toby carverys to be fairly hitty missy. The beef is always shite mind. Littered with veins and fat all the way through it. Turkey usually okay unless they are hacking away at the bones of it.

The veg is hitty missy especially. Go for one every couple of months. Yorkshires and stuffing are always good. Had about 3 good ones off the belt earlier this year then they were back to form with an overall shite one recently.
The one on the roundabout at Leadgate is the best I've had recently.

Don’t tell me, it gets recycled?
No you get a doggy bag.

Last edited:
Blatant fishing

Why the fuck do you go then you buffoon?

I’ve never understood the concept of a carvery. Why not simply have a waiter service?
Good if you are in a rush e.g. lunchtime at work, as with waiter service you can wait ages for a meal.

Also good if you are taking kids as they can make sure they get what they want.

Apart from that I would generally agree with you

Back