British Food For Ex-pats

English & Irish Food Week is back at Lidl here next week. :)

If you are on the continent keep an eye out for it at a Lidl shop near you soon, too.
Always do! Walked into the local small supermarket here to be greeted by Heinz Baked Beans! Weeks later they had Cadburys chocolate in. Heaven!
Always be alert, I know,I know, cos Britain needs lerts!

:) Cheese is lovely. @mux and @Son of Stan very kindly took me to a NE cheese farm when I was over last year. Loved it and cannot wait to be back there soon. They had some much nice cheeses. :cool:

Already checked. They are available on there. :)

Chocolate is another. Scandinavian milk chocolate is similar to UK milk chocolate. But I once was given a bar of American milk chocolate and it was very different. And I apologise to America based posters but it wasn't very nice.

The main reason that Hershey’s has a unique taste is because of the milk that the American manufacturer uses. When Milton Hershey first began producing chocolate, he noticed that the dairy product he was using had curdled slightly.

Instead of wasting the sour milk, he decided to dehydrate it and continue with production. After buyers fell in love with this unconventional recipe, Hershey decided to keep the product as it was.

The main reason that Hershey’s has a unique taste is because of the milk that the American manufacturer uses. When Milton Hershey first began producing chocolate, he noticed that the dairy product he was using had curdled slightly.

Instead of wasting the sour milk, he decided to dehydrate it and continue with production. After buyers fell in love with this unconventional recipe, Hershey decided to keep the product as it was.

Tastes like sick 🤮

Back