British Food For Ex-pats

And others away from the UK shores who likes a bit of goodies.

You may already know about this but I only just found out.

www.britishcornershop.co.uk

Delivers worldwide.

Is it possible to fall in love with a shop ? :)
We went to the Netherlands in May, not far from where you live I think.

We were raving about the local food produce but in the nearby shopping precinct there was a shop selling ‘British’ produce.

Your One Stop Shop For All British & American Groceries | The Hague - Amsterdam - Wassenaar

It’s a bit sad if people can’t try a local alternative for a week. Leerdammer instead of cheddar.

We were raving about the local food produce but in the nearby shopping precinct there was a shop selling ‘British’ produce.

Your One Stop Shop For All British & American Groceries | The Hague - Amsterdam - Wassenaar

It’s a bit sad if people can’t try a local alternative for a week. Leerdammer instead of cheddar.

I guess I am in the opposite group. I like the food I get to try (apart from that green mess served with fish & chips, what's that about) each time I pop back over. So much that I want to continue eating it when I get back home again.

Oh and about an hour away. On an aeroplane. :lol:

Last edited:
I guess I am in the opposite group. I like the food I get to try (apart from that green mess served with fish & chips, what's that about) each time I pop back over. So much that I want to continue eating it when I get back home again.

Oh and about an hour away. On an aeroplane. :lol:
Mushy peas? My Mrs has curry sauce on her chish and fips.

:) Cheese is lovely. @mux and @Son of Stan very kindly took me to a NE cheese farm when I was over last year. Loved it and cannot wait to be back there soon. They had some much nice cheeses. :cool:

Already checked. They are available on there. :)

Chocolate is another. Scandinavian milk chocolate is similar to UK milk chocolate. But I once was given a bar of American milk chocolate and it was very different. And I apologise to America based posters but it wasn't very nice.

I am in Canada and the chocolate is shite. I miss a proper bacon sarnie too.

I am home October and intend to live on bacon, Gregg's steak bakes and ham n pease pudding stotties

Lidl is OK for beans and stuff mate, if you've a marksies that's always OK but expensive

Tesco also have a limited foreign food aisle with hp etc if its the same there.

Lad who owns a uk/us product shop here said the same re brexit, most of his custom is us lads so might be OK but I'll miss my worsester sauce crisps, double decker and wispas

English & Irish Food Week from this Sunday at Lidl. That shall see me through till I get back from Seaburn. Time to stock up. :)

lidl-flyer.com

I’ve been there 3 times and always laughed at that place. The Jumbo supermarket directly opposite is absolute quality - some of the best fresh produce you could wish for. And cheap beer.

Back