British Food For Ex-pats

Only thing I ever missed when living abroad was brown sauce,there was always British food or a small bricks and mortar store in most places except Islamabad.

I wish I’d known that when I lived away. Will share with friends who still do. Thanks.

I have used the online English food shop based here in DK for years but the lad who delivers the stuff you order told me last time that they aren't sure if they will be able to continue shop after Brexit kicks in. So I have had a snoop around and stumbled across this corner shop one. Looks glorious. And they deliver weekly and not just once a month like my current online English food shop. Plus this one looks to have much broader variety of brands as well.

If I order dry stuff I can get it delivered to my door for just thirteen quid. For up to thirty kilos ! They deliver chilled goods, too. Oh, Happy Days.

Am going to have a proper long snoop on there. Bet there will be some lovely cheeses.

Last edited:
I was in Walmart in Ottawa a few day so back,they have a British section,there’s also a Brit food store here in the city.

Not everyone is that lucky. If it wasn't for online food shops like these I would have to rely on Lidl and their English & Irish Food Week twice a year. And as welcome as it is the shelves are pretty limited even then. Old colonies probably have a decent number of outlets. But not in places like here.

I have used the online English food shop based here in DK for years but the lad who delivers the stuff you order told me last time that they aren't sure if they will be able to continue shop after Brexit kicks in. So I have had a snoop around and stumbled across this corner shop one. Looks glorious. And they deliver weekly and not just once a month like my current online English food shop. Plus this one looks to have much broader variety of brands as well.

If I order dry stuff I can get it delivered to my door for just thirteen quid. For up to thirty kilos ! They deliver chilled goods, too. Oh, Happy Days.

Am going to have a proper long snoop on there. Bet there will be some lovely cheeses.
You're gonna spend all your cash on cheese aren't you? :lol:

I consider brioche to be bread anyways. If you can put a burger or hot dog in it, it is bread.

When you are away from your constitutional norms for a period of time, home comforts mean a lot.

Proper bread is a mainstay and other countries simply bread isn’t the same as what is available in every corner shop and supermarket.

It’s strange how this makes a difference on a very personal level.

Back