British Food For Ex-pats

It's what's commonly known as cheap chocolate. Don't get me started on what they have done to Cadbury's Creme Eggs.

It's the stupid basis that you have to reduce the quality to maintain a certain price point when people would happily pay a little bit more for a decent product.
Agree I’m not a chocolate connoisseur prefer malteasers myself but gnaw salted caramel is divine

Battled the snow and winds earlier on and trotted all the way to our local Lidl shop. Only to be told all deliveries from the UK were delayed. They didn't even expect any to reach them later in the week now.

Cursing Brexit kept me warm walking unfulfilled back home again.

Looks like BritishCornerShop online has found a way round the mess that Brexit has caused. They now ship orders to a hub in Belgium and from there use third party delivery companies to sort the rest. They now offer something called DDP (Delivery Duty Paid), which means no additional custums duty or VAT charges in the EU.

How wonderfully sneaky. Am beginning to like 2021. :)

English Food Week again in Lidl next week. :)

The usual products present with cheeses and stuff but they also have packs of Loughnane's Guinness sausages this time. Never seen them before but they look just lovely. Going to try them I am.
Do you like a good sausage?

Back