bowel cancer screening

fantastic marra the camera up the arse is nowt but so many are scared of it... its painless..
I thought the camera up the arse was odd but not painful and the drugs (that the nurse said were "like getting injected with 6 pints") were great. But the 2 days of fasting leading up to it were unpleasant, because I love my bait.

our parents lived in a different age.. you have a choice.. do it

if you want a camera test ask another doctor mate i wouldnt trust a local gp as far as i could throgh them
Yeah just guess work for them. He invited me down not long after for a chat???
Was a paramedic before a doctor and said
As a para we always look for the worst case but since becoming a doctor they always investigate possible causes before scans etc. to save on cost….

Last edited:
I thought the camera up the arse was odd but not painful and the drugs (that the nurse said were "like getting injected with 6 pints") were great. But the 2 days of fasting leading up to it were unpleasant, because I love my bait.
You just need to follow the bland diet for 3 days and then fast after breakfast the day before your procedure here (then take senna at 8am and the I take a sachet of picolax about 12-1pm and the second sachet at around 6pm whilst sucking on clear boiled sweets and drinking plenty of clear liquids......and shitting through the eye of a needle from about 3pm all day :lol: :confused:

You just need to follow the bland diet for 3 days and then fast after breakfast the day before your procedure here (then take senna at 8am and the I take a sachet of picolax about 12-1pm and the second sachet at around 6pm whilst sucking on clear boiled sweets and drinking plenty of clear liquids......and shitting through the eye of a needle from about 3pm all day :lol: :confused:
i only got the pack a day before the first test.. lets just say my bog got some abuse ha

I've repressed the memory (was ten years ago I had it done), but I'm assuming Picolax is that gunpowder that had me shitting like the Bellagio fountains?

Also, that is still like 30 hours of no food. I usually don't last beyond 4, other than if I am asleep or sedated.

Last edited:
When you say " toilet problems" is there anything else other than poo in the stools. ? And when you say blood, is it like obvious , like bright red ?
My piss is either clear, or dead yellowy. Stinks of sugar puffs mind.
I wouldnt have a clue what I am looking for to be honest .
I dont think many people do. Things are not really talked about, sadly.

There are criteria for urgent referrals for all types of cancer.

With bowel its change in bowel habit (usually to looser more frequent stools), weight loss, mass in stomach or backside, unexplained bleeding and diagnosis of iron deficiency

If you get a bleed from your prostate or bladder it usually causes red urine with possibly blood clots in it. You can get minor bleeding that is only picked up on dipping the urine.

Had my first one a year past Feb - it had been on my to-do list for about a year, but COVID lockdown gave me an excuse to put it off. Foggy's posts somewhat galvanized me into getting it organized. They cut out a "big polyp" which like you would have likely turned cancerous had it not been caught and removed. I'm set for every 2 years now. Get yourselves checked and convince your mates to as well.

Had my first one a year past Feb - it had been on my to-do list for about a year, but COVID lockdown gave me an excuse to put it off. Foggy's posts somewhat galvanized me into getting it organized. They cut out a "big polyp" which like you would have likely turned cancerous had it not been caught and removed. I'm set for every 2 years now. Get yourselves checked and convince your mates to as well.
listen to this man..

Had stage 3 melanoma 3 years ago and a PE diagnosed a week before , just recently had same symptoms as OP and went straight for camera job , just had clear results back last week. Not taking any chances now after ignoring a growing mole for a couple years, even then only went to docs to get diagnosis on a persistent cough which turned out as the PE, she took 1 look at mole and booked me in before she listened to my chest , if I left it any longer it probably would have manifested to stage 4.
So if in doubt get it checked out
Other than that all clear an reasonably fit

Had stage 3 melanoma 3 years ago and a PE diagnosed a week before , just recently had same symptoms as OP and went straight for camera job , just had clear results back last week. Not taking any chances now after ignoring a growing mole for a couple years, even then only went to docs to get diagnosis on a persistent cough which turned out as the PE, she took 1 look at mole and booked me in before she listened to my chest , if I left it any longer it probably would have manifested to stage 4.
So if in doubt get it checked out
Other than that all clear an reasonably fit
well done mate the hardest part is dealing and sorting it.. cause it can be sorted..
:)

Back