bowel cancer screening

not sure if this is the right forum please move if req..

long story short wasnt sure weather to post this but here we go..i had a bit blood on my poo on the toilet roll not in the bowl so i did the poo test and it showed blood as i knew that anyway.. so 3 months later ive have some seriously bad lumps they are called polyps removed and had ct scan all was done painlessly.. it dosent hurt getting a camera up ye bum.. no pain at all even removing the polyps never felt a thing..and im a fcking wimp.. in fact i watched it all on a big telly next to the bed.. was an eye opener.. surgeon called me today to tell me the polyp removed was a high value polyp.. in laymen's terms it would of turned cancerous.. but im fine no cancer but i will have to go back in 3 months for a follow up camera.. all of my closet family have died young with cancer.. my dad bowel cancer.. but he was ill for years.. with toilet problems died at 65.. this is why i got screened and the blood in me poo sort of told me to ask the question.. im 55 btw this is very uncomfortable to deal with i know but you will feel better if any of this is happening to you now and you get it sorted..

Good to normalise this sort of thing and chat about it. Remember a few years ago at (I think) Valley Parade they had posters in the bog telling people to go to the Dr’s if they piss blood. Ridiculous state of affairs that enough blokes are too shamed to not seek medical assistance that they needed a poster campaign.

Pleased your healthy 👍🏻

long story short wasnt sure weather to post this but here we go..i had a bit blood on my poo on the toilet roll not in the bowl so i did the poo test and it showed blood as i knew that anyway.. so 3 months later ive have some seriously bad lumps they are called polyps removed and had ct scan all was done painlessly.. it dosent hurt getting a camera up ye bum.. no pain at all even removing the polyps never felt a thing..and im a fcking wimp.. in fact i watched it all on a big telly next to the bed.. was an eye opener.. surgeon called me today to tell me the polyp removed was a high value polyp.. in laymen's terms it would of turned cancerous.. but im fine no cancer but i will have to go back in 3 months for a follow up camera.. all of my closet family have died young with cancer.. my dad bowel cancer.. but he was ill for years.. with toilet problems died at 65.. this is why i got screened and the blood in me poo sort of told me to ask the question.. im 55 btw this is very uncomfortable to deal with i know but you will feel better if any of this is happening to you now and you get it sorted..
What's the poo test?

As a lynch syndrome sufferer I have to have bi yearly colonoscopies due to my immediate family history. The drugs are great and I've probably had 10+ over the years but it's better to be safe than sorry.
I'm so glad you got seen in time and they've removed the nasties, they'll keep a closer eye on you from now on (and next time you get one you'll see the dye they mark where the polyp was taken from, it always freaks me out seeing it on camera :lol:).
😘

Good to normalise this sort of thing and chat about it. Remember a few years ago at (I think) Valley Parade they had posters in the bog telling people to go to the Dr’s if they piss blood. Ridiculous state of affairs that enough blokes are too shamed to not seek medical assistance that they needed a poster campaign.

Pleased your healthy 👍🏻
Burnley did a campaign about it pre-covid, hosted a load of screening sessions in the ground, got some ex players in to talk to the old fellas as they waited etc.

I was told during my colonoscopy that I had bowel cancer. Ended up getting it cut out and was clear for nearly 5 years - my last follow up scan showed that it had mutated to my liver. I’ve been on chemo for the last 6 months and it has worked really well in shrinking the tumour so an op is next with a view to a cure.
I’m just telling you this so that if ever you do get bad news there’s so much available now In methods of cancer treatment that if you catch it early enough the chances of complete cure are really high

As a lynch syndrome sufferer I have to have bi yearly colonoscopies due to my immediate family history. The drugs are great and I've probably had 10+ over the years but it's better to be safe than sorry.
I'm so glad you got seen in time and they've removed the nasties, they'll keep a closer eye on you from now on (and next time you get one you'll see the dye they mark where the polyp was taken from, it always freaks me out seeing it on camera :lol:).
😘
i was fascinated marra.. i actually watched him pulling it off.. he give me a bit of needle cause ive got the sulun badge on me back and he is a plymouth fan but was all good crack though fantastic people we have at our hospital..

Pleased your healthy 👍🏻
Used to work with a little auld Paddy on site years ago. One day he came in the office and said he was pissng blood and did I think he should go the the Drs, I told him he should go as fast as his little legs could get him there Sure enough he had prostate cancer and it took the poor sod a few years later. Don't prevaricate, get checked out, it still costs nowt.

I was told during my colonoscopy that I had bowel cancer. Ended up getting it cut out and was clear for nearly 5 years - my last follow up scan showed that it had mutated to my liver. I’ve been on chemo for the last 6 months and it has worked really well in shrinking the tumour so an op is next with a view to a cure.
I’m just telling you this so that if ever you do get bad news there’s so much available now In methods of cancer treatment that if you catch it early enough the chances of complete cure are really high
i read your historic posts marra before i decided to post this.. cheers mate

Me da died of Bowel cancer aged 67, so I'm regularly screened

Not a pleasant experience having camera up your arse, but as your point out removing polyp's early on will quite possibly save you life or stop the requirement for cancer treatments & surgeries

Good luck I'm glad everything's OK

Don't forget regular prostrate and testicular checks as well

My doctor dreads me coming into his surgery he's either going to have to rummage around with my bollocks or stick his finger up my arse

Back