bowel cancer screening

not sure if this is the right forum please move if req..

long story short wasnt sure weather to post this but here we go..i had a bit blood on my poo on the toilet roll not in the bowl so i did the poo test and it showed blood as i knew that anyway.. so 3 months later ive have some seriously bad lumps they are called polyps removed and had ct scan all was done painlessly.. it dosent hurt getting a camera up ye bum.. no pain at all even removing the polyps never felt a thing..and im a fcking wimp.. in fact i watched it all on a big telly next to the bed.. was an eye opener.. surgeon called me today to tell me the polyp removed was a high value polyp.. in laymen's terms it would of turned cancerous.. but im fine no cancer but i will have to go back in 3 months for a follow up camera.. all of my closet family have died young with cancer.. my dad bowel cancer.. but he was ill for years.. with toilet problems died at 65.. this is why i got screened and the blood in me poo sort of told me to ask the question.. im 55 btw this is very uncomfortable to deal with i know but you will feel better if any of this is happening to you now and you get it sorted..
good news they caught it.
i had exactly the same at the beginning of the year. bit of blood in me poo and on the bog roll. happened once last year for a couple of days and i didnt get it checked. stupid. this time blood and shite tests, camera up the arse, didnt hurt at all. weird watching on the tv the camera going up :lol: no cancer, just a small haemorrhoid. thats all they found. i'm now 54.
get checked. better safe than sorry.

good news they caught it.
i had exactly the same at the beginning of the year. bit of blood in me poo and on the bog roll. happened once last year for a couple of days and i didnt get it checked. stupid. this time blood and shite tests, camera up the arse, didnt hurt at all. weird watching on the tv the camera going up :lol: no cancer, just a small haemorrhoid. thats all they found. i'm now 54.
get checked. better safe than sorry.
fantastic marra the camera up the arse is nowt but so many are scared of it... its painless..

not sure if this is the right forum please move if req..

long story short wasnt sure weather to post this but here we go..i had a bit blood on my poo on the toilet roll not in the bowl so i did the poo test and it showed blood as i knew that anyway.. so 3 months later ive have some seriously bad lumps they are called polyps removed and had ct scan all was done painlessly.. it dosent hurt getting a camera up ye bum.. no pain at all even removing the polyps never felt a thing..and im a fcking wimp.. in fact i watched it all on a big telly next to the bed.. was an eye opener.. surgeon called me today to tell me the polyp removed was a high value polyp.. in laymen's terms it would of turned cancerous.. but im fine no cancer but i will have to go back in 3 months for a follow up camera.. all of my closet family have died young with cancer.. my dad bowel cancer.. but he was ill for years.. with toilet problems died at 65.. this is why i got screened and the blood in me poo sort of told me to ask the question.. im 55 btw this is very uncomfortable to deal with i know but you will feel better if any of this is happening to you now and you get it sorted..
My dad was called into hospital in the middle of COVID, with exactly the same thing.

Keyhole surgery in through his belly, lobbed out a canny chunk of his large intestine & stitched him back together. I stopped with him for a few weeks while he recovered & he’s absolutely sound now (touch wood). Only ill affects are he can’t eat as much & farts like a good’un.

He was 63 when he had the op, so 65 next year. Back every year for a check-up, but he’s out riding his bike miles every other day, recently started playing golf again. Any sign of blood get booked in straight away, earlier it’s caught, less chance of spread.

When you say " toilet problems" is there anything else other than poo in the stools. ? And when you say blood, is it like obvious , like bright red ?
My piss is either clear, or dead yellowy. Stinks of sugar puffs mind.
I wouldnt have a clue what I am looking for to be honest .
I dont think many people do. Things are not really talked about, sadly.
mine was bright red. its was only a small amount on the poo, but i could see it. there was more on the bog roll a red streak. only lasted a couple of days for me then nothing. i'm still checking the bowl after a shite like, just in case.

fantastic marra the camera up the arse is nowt but so many are scared of it... its painless..
The bowel prep is worse tbh, I enjoy the buscopan and fentanyl combo mind, sends me crackers. I just tell them to give me as much as they can :lol: ......oh and the gas tube is never out of my mouth, I was doing Darth Vader impressions last time ffs.

Last edited:
My dad was called into hospital in the middle of COVID, with exactly the same thing.

Keyhole surgery in through his belly, lobbed out a canny chunk of his large intestine & stitched him back together. I stopped with him for a few weeks while he recovered & he’s absolutely sound now (touch wood). Only ill affects are he can’t eat as much & farts like a good’un.

He was 63 when he had the op, so 65 next year. Back every year for a check-up, but he’s out riding his bike miles every other day, recently started playing golf again. Any sign of blood get booked in straight away, earlier it’s caught, less chance of spread.
brilliant marra sounds like a top bloke
The bowel prep is worse tbh, I enjoy the buscopan and fentanyl combo mind, sends me crackers. I just tell them to give me as much as they can :lol:
am saying nowt about the bowl prep.. he he

Last edited:
my dad died of bowl cancer but he died of ignorance.. he was ill for years before he died..
My Dad's was very advanced by the time they caught it. He had chemo and radiotherapy as well as surgery. I think he had another 20 years after he was diagnosed and died of something unrelated. My granda on my mam's side also died of bowel cancer so I guess I'm likely to get it at some point. Rather knack the bastard at an early stage than wait for it to get serious

I’m 56. Just had a test. Kit comes from your doctors. Sent away and no further investigation required. But says doesn’t mean you don’t have or will not get bowel ‘C’ in the future. Weird. FWIW my wife died of bowel ‘c’ two years ago. Only 53 and suffered for six years. Please don’t ignore symptoms. Even if the doctors say your clear as hers did (ibs) and wouldn’t investigate further, the bastard.

My Dad's was very advanced by the time they caught it. He had chemo and radiotherapy as well as surgery. I think he had another 20 years after he was diagnosed and died of something unrelated. My granda on my mam's side also died of bowel cancer so I guess I'm likely to get it at some point. Rather knack the bastard at an early stage than wait for it to get serious
our parents lived in a different age.. you have a choice.. do it
I’m 56. Just had a test. Kit comes from your doctors. Sent away and no further investigation required. But says doesn’t mean you don’t have or will not get bowel ‘C’ in the future. Weird. FWIW my wife died of bowel ‘c’ two years ago. Only 53 and suffered for six years. Please don’t ignore symptoms. Even if the doctors say your clear as hers did (ibs) and wouldn’t investigate further, the bastard.
if you want a camera test ask another doctor mate i wouldnt trust a local gp as far as i could throgh them

Last edited:
Wise words my love, wise words and I'm so sorry for your loss xx 😪🤗💔

Back