bowel cancer screening

Just got my all clear this week from them
mint mate
Me da died of Bowel cancer aged 67, so I'm regularly screened

Not a pleasant experience having camera up your arse, but as your point out removing polyp's early on will quite possibly save you life or stop the requirement for cancer treatments & surgeries

Good luck I'm glad everything's OK

Don't forget regular prostrate and testicular checks as well

My doctor dreads me coming into his surgery he's either going to have to rummage around with my bollocks or stick his finger up my arse
had the psa test done marra because i thought i was a prime candidate up for a piss 3 or 4 times night bladder weak as fck.. esp on the drink.. but all ok

i was fascinated marra.. i actually watched him pulling it off.. he give me a bit of needle cause ive got the sulun badge on me back and he is a plymouth fan but was all good crack though fantastic people we have at our hospital..
Glad they removed it straight away, when my polyp was found the chap doing the colonoscopy wasn't trained to remove the type I had in the place it was.
I then had to come back the next day for my named consultant who turned up late (had been moonlighting at a private hospital)...I hadn't eaten in f***ing days, I would have ate him if he'd stood still long enough :lol:.

Glad they removed it straight away, when my polyp was found the chap doing the colonoscopy wasn't trained to remove the type I had in the place it was.
I then had to come back the next day for my named consultant who turned up late (had been moonlighting at a private hospital)...I hadn't eaten in f***ing days, I would have ate him if he'd stood still long enough :lol:.
i had a enema for my last one what a bizarre thing that is ha

not sure if this is the right forum please move if req..

long story short wasnt sure weather to post this but here we go..i had a bit blood on my poo on the toilet roll not in the bowl so i did the poo test and it showed blood as i knew that anyway.. so 3 months later ive have some seriously bad lumps they are called polyps removed and had ct scan all was done painlessly.. it dosent hurt getting a camera up ye bum.. no pain at all even removing the polyps never felt a thing..and im a fcking wimp.. in fact i watched it all on a big telly next to the bed.. was an eye opener.. surgeon called me today to tell me the polyp removed was a high value polyp.. in laymen's terms it would of turned cancerous.. but im fine no cancer but i will have to go back in 3 months for a follow up camera.. all of my closet family have died young with cancer.. my dad bowel cancer.. but he was ill for years.. with toilet problems died at 65.. this is why i got screened and the blood in me poo sort of told me to ask the question.. im 55 btw this is very uncomfortable to deal with i know but you will feel better if any of this is happening to you now and you get it sorted..
When you say " toilet problems" is there anything else other than poo in the stools. ? And when you say blood, is it like obvious , like bright red ?
My piss is either clear, or dead yellowy. Stinks of sugar puffs mind.
I wouldnt have a clue what I am looking for to be honest .
I dont think many people do. Things are not really talked about, sadly.

I was told during my colonoscopy that I had bowel cancer. Ended up getting it cut out and was clear for nearly 5 years - my last follow up scan showed that it had mutated to my liver. I’ve been on chemo for the last 6 months and it has worked really well in shrinking the tumour so an op is next with a view to a cure.
I’m just telling you this so that if ever you do get bad news there’s so much available now In methods of cancer treatment that if you catch it early enough the chances of complete cure are really high
Big 🤗s wicksy, you keep windmilling the bastard my love 😘 xx

When you say " toilet problems" is there anything else other than poo in the stools. ? And when you say blood, is it like obvious , like bright red ?
if ye in ye fiftys get the poo test mate.. you shit in a tube of poo and send it away to the post office very discreet

Go see your doctor mate, costs nowt and worth it to put your mind at rest

if ye in ye fiftys get the poo test mate.. you shit in a tube of poo and send it away to the post office very discreet
To confirm you don't actually have to shit in a tube, you'd need a bomb sight for that, your take a sample of poo and place it in a test tube and sent it of for testing
Worst bit of the camera is what type of prep they give you to clean yourself out.

Best is the farting afterwards.
Cracking way to loose weight though ;)

Last edited:
not sure if this is the right forum please move if req..

long story short wasnt sure weather to post this but here we go..i had a bit blood on my poo on the toilet roll not in the bowl so i did the poo test and it showed blood as i knew that anyway.. so 3 months later ive have some seriously bad lumps they are called polyps removed and had ct scan all was done painlessly.. it dosent hurt getting a camera up ye bum.. no pain at all even removing the polyps never felt a thing..and im a fcking wimp.. in fact i watched it all on a big telly next to the bed.. was an eye opener.. surgeon called me today to tell me the polyp removed was a high value polyp.. in laymen's terms it would of turned cancerous.. but im fine no cancer but i will have to go back in 3 months for a follow up camera.. all of my closet family have died young with cancer.. my dad bowel cancer.. but he was ill for years.. with toilet problems died at 65.. this is why i got screened and the blood in me poo sort of told me to ask the question.. im 55 btw this is very uncomfortable to deal with i know but you will feel better if any of this is happening to you now and you get it sorted..

Good for you mate. Well done🙂

Sounds like your dehydrated, you need to up your water intake by a lot, minimum 2lt a day
Forgot to add see the Dr and send a sample away

Last edited:
I’ve done it once and fully intend doing it again - I had no clear up chemo after my first op which obviously was a bad decision by my consultant who said it wasn’t necessary
Aye my little brother had the part of the colon removed where the large polyp was found along with clear up chemo via a Hickman line.
Fingers crossed he stays cancer free ♥️ and fingers crossed you can beat the bastard again my love 😘

Back