bowel cancer screening

It's good to talk about this stuff. Last year when they couldn't pin point what was wrong with me what cancer etc I had every scan and thing done to me. The camera down the old Japs eye being physically the worst one my little man disappeared like a turtle made worse it was a pretty young nurse applying the numbing gel to my member. All of this is in your head lads, trust me they don't give a fuck what you look like they've seen it all done it all, I went from never ever going to drs or for scans examinations etc to having my whole body on show looked at proded etc it's like ripping a band aid off it's all in your head, is having a fat gut or something being embarrassed by worth your life?.

Found out this year I’ve got diverticulitis and an enlarged prostate. I’ve had more stuff up my arse than some p*rn star :lol:

Doctors couldn’t care less - they see people with these symptoms all the time. Not going to lie though the wait for the results isn’t very nice but if you catch anything early enough, the chances are way better.

to the OP great to see you got it checked out quick and there was no lasting concerns...also great to see you had
the courage to tell your story on here.
i encourage all men to check themselves out and go get any tests done if in any doubt.

Found out this year I’ve got diverticulitis and an enlarged prostate. I’ve had more stuff up my arse than some p*rn star :lol:

Doctors couldn’t care less - they see people with these symptoms all the time. Not going to lie though the wait for the results isn’t very nice but if you catch anything early enough, the chances are way better.
I’m g convinced I’ve got enlarged prostate as I piss thru the night and flow is low. Had it checked twice and they said it’s ok, can’t go back again or they will think I’m there for the fun of it.

I’m g convinced I’ve got enlarged prostate as I piss thru the night and flow is low. Had it checked twice and they said it’s ok, can’t go back again or they will think I’m there for the fun of it.
i had the PSA test, fingers up the bum and an ultrasound. They’ve got me on medication for it now which has helped.

Have they not said what they think it could be?

That was the good thing when I had the camera down there got to the prostate and he complimented me on the clean prostate.

The last few weeks have really hit home regarding health issues to friends around the same age - 50’s to early 60’s.
We need to look after ourselves.
1 friend Meningitis - Lucky early detection and on the road to recovery.
1 stomach cancer scare - All clear.
1 Prostrate cancer scares - initial tests - fingers crossed.

Makes you start to think.

Been getting on and off bleeding for nearly 10 years (31 now).

Getting worse with the years, and get deep aching cramps after going to the toilet for ages.

I've had endoscopes and colonoscopies too. Got another coming up. Gonna be a state when I'm in my 50s at this rate (assuming I get that far)

reading all this has put my mind at ease a bit, im "only" 31

been suffering with what was potentially UTI/haematuria for a month or so, had antibiotics and it came back, got referred and had a flexible cystoscopy (not a procedure i recommend) about 2 weeks ago and found a growth in my bladder. biopsy is booked and hopefully amounts to nothing but whatever it is is very small. get yourselves checked, dont sit on your hands about it.

fantastic marra the camera up the arse is nowt but so many are scared of it... its painless..

I had the option of the camera up the bum or a CT scan as I was having abdominal pains a few months ago.

I opted for the scan as I am shocking at anything medical. Even the scan nearly made me pass out when they put a cannula in my arm!!

Thankfully I have been diagnosed with having diverticulitis rather than anything more serious.

The poo test was easy.

Good luck with everything. Fair play for posting.

👍

I had the option of the camera up the bum or a CT scan as I was having abdominal pains a few months ago.

I opted for the scan as I am shocking at anything medical. Even the scan nearly made me pass out when they put a cannula in my arm!!

Thankfully I have been diagnosed with having diverticulitis rather than anything more serious.

The poo test was easy.

Good luck with everything. Fair play for posting.

👍
I notice a couple of people on here were diagnosed wth diverticulitis. My Dad was diagnosed with that and as a result he was late to pick up bowell cancer, I assume they share many common symptoms. Just be cautious people that a diagnosis of something doesn't stop you testing for other related and worse causes.

Putting our differences to one side...

I've also been diagnosed with diverticulitis and have been told to follow the lowfodmap diet and I must admit the pain in my abdomen is easing, as difficult as the diet is. It's been 2 months now since I started.

Can I ask what you are doing and whether it's working?

Thanks
I notice a couple of people on here were diagnosed wth diverticulitis. My Dad was diagnosed with that and as a result he was late to pick up bowell cancer, I assume they share many common symptoms. Just be cautious people that a diagnosis of something doesn't stop you testing for other related and worse causes.

Well that's put me off my glucose free breakfast!!!

They are. They’re offered bowel cancer screenings, as are women. Men are also invited for abdominal aortic aneurysm screening.

Didn't realise this, though can't remembered being offered one myself. Mind you I'm not one to hang around, if I think something is wrong with me. If you go to the doctors at any age with certain symptons, such as blood in you stool, I'm sure they'll send you for a screening. they should do. I suppose that's the problem, people don't really want to know they have cancer etc. I suppose if all of us on this thread went to the doctors for an MOT, lots would be made aware of something they never knew they had, and maybe not knowing, could've lived a perfectly happy life for another 5-10 years, maybe forever, but now they know, it might impact on their quality of life. I know a lot of the older generation like my parents, takes tablets for this that and the other, maybe its keeping/kept them alive longer, who knows? but I have a theory once you go down the route of taking medication for this that and the other, it can make things worse, hence a lot don't want to visit the doctor in the first place, only doing so when they have to, when they find the blood in the stool, rather than when they felt unwell, stomach pains etc, in the years leading up to.

Back