Books or a Kindle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

One thing I do like about reading with the tablet is the ability to make the text much bigger. My eyes are getting worse by the week and I'm long-sighted too so close up stuff can be difficult sometimes?

Books every time, tried a kindle but it’s soulless compared to a book. Can’t beat the buying a book experience, normally a Bonny wad student serving, itching to get back and read it, fresh pages....class man.
I buy all mine 2nd hand off eBay :neutral:

I use both. I was adamant I wouldn't get into kindles but they are handy when travelling and you get some good offers. However, one of my favourite things is still going to Barter Books and mooching about, and if you take a bag load of books in you pay nothing for the bag load you take out. And the hot chocolate is wonderful too.

Just gone back to books of late. Not sure why, I love the clutter free aspect of kindles. Problies because I'm a bit worried about The Man having all this info about me. Daft, I know. But for similar reasons I'm thinking of going back to a paper diary.

Kindle. They're f***ing brilliant. our lasses wardrobe and bedside cabinet are no longer groaning under the weight of all the finished books that were waiting to be handed down to her tight sister that buys nowt...

What do people prefer/use these days?
I personally always use a physical copy, only once used a Kindle and didn't feel right so went back to proper books.

Have about 10 books on kindle app, all half finished, just cant get in to them without physical hard copy of them.

I use both. I was adamant I wouldn't get into kindles but they are handy when travelling and you get some good offers. However, one of my favourite things is still going to Barter Books and mooching about, and if you take a bag load of books in you pay nothing for the bag load you take out. And the hot chocolate is wonderful too.
Where is barter books? I love a good rake around, old school style, bookshops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back