Books or a Kindle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPTT

Winger
What do people prefer/use these days?
I personally always use a physical copy, only once used a Kindle and didn't feel right so went back to proper books.

I personally always use a physical copy, only once used a Kindle and didn't feel right so went back to proper books.

Both...kindles v useful for holidays etc.
Paperwhite jobbie means I can also read without a light if ever want to read and not disturb missus( considerate fucker me)

You .....Reading?
Since when?:eek:

I used to think that and enjoy seeing all the books known on shelves. However, it’s much handier to use a kindle if you travel or use public transport.

If you own a toddler as well, they can’t rip pages out or draw green rain over all the pages

Books every time, tried a kindle but it’s soulless compared to a book. Can’t beat the buying a book experience, normally a Bonny wad student serving, itching to get back and read it, fresh pages....class man.

I prefer a book to be honest, though I can see the advantages of a Kindle

Old fashioned, I suppose

I switched to Kindle about five years ago. Stopped going to bookshops, stopped buying books.

Last year I bought a book unavailable for Kindle and read it. I'd forgotten the pleasure of that, and of going into bookshops and making new discoveries.

Now I'm multimedia. I have actual books, books on Kindle, and audiobooks on my MP3 player.

Often I'll alternate between all three formats for a single title - all have their advantages: sat in a chair, a real book is best; in bed at night, a backlit Kindle is ideal; on a walk, audiobook.

Kindle nowadays, great once you get used to it and quite like the paperwhite for reading in bed before sleep means I've not got to have lamps on and hold a great heavy book and it remembers where I'm upto:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back