Bands you saw by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash supporting Elastica at Newcastle Riverside in 1994. Went to see Elastica, had heard of Ash though didn't know any of their stuff or that they were playing, they were quite canny on the night though. This was when they had only released a couple of singles, pre-hits era and were still a 3 piece, looked and sounded very like Dinosaur Jr back then.

Jethro Tull/Jethro mix up by my sister got me wondering who else has gone to see someone by mistake
Franz ferdinand before they went global. Supported hot hot heat at newcastle uni. Was blown away by them. Weller meets the clash meets new young band worth listening to. They smashed it

Stumbled into a few festival tents when the wrong band was on. Accidentally saw Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes last year and they were great. Also, went to see some reggae band and Kendal a couple of years back and instead it was a Scottish/Russian gypsy punk band. Who were also great.

I was once invited and went to Dingwalls to see 'some guy who played sax on a Foreigner album'. It was Junior Walker & The Allstars and they were brilliant

Younger readers will not have a clue what I'm on about.

The Darkness on the day they signed to a major label. I went to Leeds Cockpit for a Deftones release party doubled up with a Cockpit anniversary party night. It was a good mistake to witness.

Went to see some band at Wearmouth Poly Hall and standing at the bar suddenly heard the unmistakable sounds of the most wonderful Chameleons drifting across - singer Mark doing some solo stuff. I creamed my pants, I can tell you.

Know a lass who bought her family tickets to see the Australian Pink Floyd. Apparently none of them realised until a few weeks later that it wasn't the actual Pink Floyd they saw.Including her.

I saw about 4 minutes of morrisey at Finsbury Park once. It's was by accident that a promoter would think that 20k daft lads wearing dms would like him. What a wonderful weekend that was @Dave Herbal @Sneech @Henry of Monmouth @Proffesor H Plum et al

Massive regrets I missed Dury like, as I was lying on the grass, stoned out of my mind :lol:

I was on your shoulders at one point giving it loads to the Selecter by the Selecter, which the fella in my avatar RIP played on.

Aye, what a fantastic weekend, there was that, then the FA Cup final in roughly the same year, both absolute corkers.

I saw about 4 minutes of morrisey at Finsbury Park once. It's was by accident that a promoter would think that 20k daft lads wearing dms would like him. What a wonderful weekend that was @Dave Herbal @Sneech @Henry of Monmouth @Proffesor H Plum et al

Massive regrets I missed Dury like, as I was lying on the grass, stoned out of my mind :lol:

I was on your shoulders at one point giving it loads to the Selecter by the Selecter, which the fella in my avatar RIP played on.

Aye, what a fantastic weekend, there was that, then the FA Cup final in roughly the same year, both absolute corkers.

Nearly 25 years ago :eek: Happy days indeed.

I saw ian dury but I forgot I had until you mentioned it. Lots of the 90s is a blur.

May and Aug 92. Wowsers

Franz ferdinand before they went global. Supported hot hot heat at newcastle uni. Was blown away by them. Weller meets the clash meets new young band worth listening to. They smashed it

Used to love Hot Hot Heat -bag o chips bag o chips bag o chiiiips neeone will have a clue what I'm on about :lol:

Think I know every note of FF first album an all, marvellous.

Used to love Hot Hot Heat -bag o chips bag o chips bag o chiiiips neeone will have a clue what I'm on about :lol:

Think I know every note of FF first album an all, marvellous.
I once wandered in a room in Manumission and chanced upon HHH. It was embryonic Ibiza Rocks, and I watched them off my tits with Michael Stipe stood next to us.

I had Cornish on my shoulders and I've been 2 inches smaller ever since.

You come across some mad shit at festivals mind.
Mooching around Kendal I walked into a secret Nick Heyward show and had a massive Faaantaaaastic daaaaaaay singalong. I also chanced upon Beans on Toast playing in the curry tent in the wee small hours. As you do

They were great actually. 1993 iirc
I had the white Converse boots with the massive tongues.

Not a mistake, but I took Mrs K to see The Corrs at Birmingham NEC about 18 years ago. The music was absolute shite so in that respect I guess it was a mistake, but aesthetically speaking it was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back