Bands you saw by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really by mistake but I saw Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart as the tourists when they were the warm up act for Bryan Ferry. Saw them briefly I spent most of their performance in the bar.

nearly. A few years ago the missus dragged me along to see Goldfrapp. I wasn't that interested and didn't take much notice of the name, however I thoroughly enjoyed myself and thought they were excellent.

last year I bought two tickets for what I thought was goldfrapp in a bit of a rush on presale, good seats near the front at manchester arena.

It wasn't until a few months later I realised I had bought tickets for florence and the machine instead by mistake. I got rid of them sharpish, for a small profit on stubhub

I saw The Cranberries when a mate's band were supporting them at the Old Trout in Windsor. That Dolores had a decent voice but they insisted on no house lights and played in almost total darkness. Odd.

went to a ruts concert at durham uni and the dammed turned up and did a few songs as part of the encore...

a mate was working at fenham barracks in the 80's. he walked past one of the pubs after work and heard a live band playing a dire straits song, so he went in and it was dire straits. it was the landlord's birthday (or some similar celebration) and they knew him so surprised him with an impromptu gig.

The Editors who supported Franz Ferdinand at the arena years ago. They were shite.

Patrick Wolf after turning up to a festival gig early, he was fantastic.

Feeder after turning up to a festival stage too early. :cry:
Conversely, when I was 18 I went to Gig on the Green with some massive Feeder fans. We went to their stage nice and early to get near the front and the Stereo MCs were on before them and were phenomenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back