Bands you saw by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steps, was trying to bag off a lass from collage.

Zutons, went to watch the who live and they were warmed up by them
Saw The Zutons support The Coral in 2002 at Northumbria Uni, they had a more stripped back sound at the time and more like The Coral than what they became.

For the oldies.... late seventies, at the Tavern night club South Shields. One hit wonders from the sixties Cupids Inspiration singing Yesterday Has Just Departed.

Dizzee Rascal.

We were in Newcastle for the day and stumbled across this massive free festival thing by the river, he was class anarl.

City Hall? I was there too.
Yes city hall. It was the first ever concert I went to I've still got the programme.
I was in row three right in the middle of the stage had a great view. I still rate it as the best concert I've seen and I've been to loads of ferry and Roxy concerts since.

Yes city hall. It was the first ever concert I went to I've still got the programme.
I was in row three right in the middle of the stage had a great view. I still rate it as the best concert I've seen and I've been to loads of ferry and Roxy concerts since.
It was good...1979 Manifesto tour I think. Gary Tibbs on bass was impressive!

It was good...1979 Manifesto tour I think. Gary Tibbs on bass was impressive!
I was at Wembley 81 ish lived down south then and that was my nearest venue. That must have been the Avalon tour. I think I missed the manifesto concerts work and circumstances sadly. Much prefer the city hall to the likes of Wembley though.

Ride in Katowice Poland in the summer, was there for a festival which they were headlining, they sent a tweet out the day before to say they were playing a secret acoustic set somewhere in the city and to retweet for a chance to go. I retweeted then got a message requesting me email address and I'd get the location on the day, the address of the venue was some abandoned cement factory literally in the middle of nowhere, we took the chance and got a taxi there, got there and still thought what the fuck we doing here, thought we were gonna end up in a real life Hostel scenario. Anyway it was genuine and they turned up and this was the result:

Was at a festival a couple of years ago and saw Beirut when I thought it was going to be Bastille ..... or was it the other way round ?

Fuck knas, I was shit faced anyway !!

Saw Coldplay at one of the Newcastle UNIs. Hadn't heard of them - was only going to see Les Rythmes Digitales.

Nirvana at the Riverside

Went to see my mates mates band who was supporting a couple of minor American grunge bands, T.A.D. were the headliners

Bloke at work went to see "James Taylor" (Fire & Rain gadgie) turned out to be James Taylor Quartet (Jazz band). :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back