Bands you saw by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
INXS, Ice House, Angels, out of the blue, OOTB don't know them :)
Nah just a few Aussie bands before they hit big time, especially INXS they were a pub band for years and were just on at our local pub in Sydney 1982. Greatfull Dead in London Arena I think around 1988
fuckin woeful!! A business contact over from USA bought tickets and I just took him along as he had bought tickets, loud is not the word and I waited outside as I was taking him to his hotel afterwards.

Went to see Blur at the Arena and didn't know who the support act was so went and seen, it was The Super Furry Animals "don't give a fuck about anybody else"

Thought they were excellent
They were good like but Goldie Looking Chain were excellent too... Good fun... One of them kept saying he had a Vauxhall Viva for sale for £500 and to see him afterwards if anyone was interested :lol::lol:

At Benicassim a few year back we all went to see The Rapture and it was halfway through the set before we twigged that it was "Who made Who". We'd never heard of them but they were brilliant.

Jethro Tull/Jethro mix up by my sister got me wondering who else has gone to see someone by mistake

The Datsuns

Got dragged along to the Wembley Arena by our lass and her mate to see Supergrass and the first support act was this Swedish lot as well as Polyphonic Spree and some other lot whose name escapes me

The sound was atrocious but not as bad as it was for Spree who were unlistenable. Even the sound for Supergrass was aaawful (we could hear them)

M People
Surprisingly decent. Just played hit after hit. Not my genre but feel good up tempo stuff!

The Editors who supported Franz Ferdinand at the arena years ago. They were shite.

Patrick Wolf after turning up to a festival gig early, he was fantastic.
Can't stand the editors

Last edited:
I went to see someone at Kendal the other week, but got the times wrong and ended up watching Band Pres Llareggub instead. They're a brass band who do covers of songs like Thrift Store and Livin on a prayer and they were great.

The Datsuns

Got dragged along to the Wembley Arena by our lass and her mate to see Supergrass and the first support act was this Swedish lot as well as Polyphonic Spree and some other lot whose name escapes me

The sound was atrocious but not as bad as it was for Spree who were unlistenable. Even the sound for Supergrass was aaawful (we could hear them)
@Sneech made me check out the spree instead of the strokes once and it was amazing. People climbing the tent towers and waving lumps of foliage purloined from British sea power; the guy behind the sound desk going bananas; the French horn player crowd surfing.

I saw Van Morrison by mistake on two occasions. I have actually been to three of his concerts but the first was fantastic and therefore my wife an I were keen to see him again. At the second concert (at the Roundhouse) he totally ignored the audience and spent most of the time during each number engaged in some sort heated argument with his sound engineer. When he finished the set he didn't acknowledge anyone and immediately walked off the stage and never returned. He moved so fast that I am sure that he was out of the stage door and back at home by the time the last of the audience had cleared the hall.

The next time he was appearing at an open air summer concert . Listening to his songs for half an hour or so my wife and I realised that as he was using exactly the same arrangement for each of them so it was impossible to tell one song from another. (I presumed that he had done that quite deliberately). On that occasion we left early and probably go home before he did.

Never again - I just buy his records now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back