Bands you saw by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to love Hot Hot Heat -bag o chips bag o chips bag o chiiiips neeone will have a clue what I'm on about :lol:

Think I know every note of FF first album an all, marvellous.

Not a band i liked tbh. Couple of mates wanted to go. To see a band on the verge of 'making it' is often as good as it gets. For me,franz ferdinand blew them away.

Also once had the extreme displeasure of watching athlete at the uni aswell. Fuck me that was horrific. I literally boo'd them.

Bought tickets for Supergrass... Apart from I bought Super Furry Animals instead - didn't notice 'til they started :oops::eek::lol:.

It was ok though - I quite like them :). And they were supported by Goldie Looking Chain who were rather funny...

Dire Straits at the Hammersmith Clarendon.

Went to see someone (can't remember who now) at the Odeon & couldn't get in. So wandered across the road. My mate reckoned they sounded like a crap Pink Floyd & would never amount to much.

My ex came back from a festival raving about a band and how amazing they were. She said it was The Frightened Rabbits. Got tickets to go and see them at Newcastle Uni and she was like "this isn't the band I was thinking of"?! Ha! Still never found out who it was she saw!

Jesus Jones. At the Freshers Fair and I was trying to buck a lass

Saw JJ supporting the Wonderstuff at the Mayfair, nee idea who they were and thought they were much the better band, later on when I was pissed I was declaring them as 'the next Sex Pistols' :oops:

Went to see them a few times after that in their early days

Saw JJ supporting the Wonderstuff at the Mayfair, nee idea who they were and thought they were much the better band, later on when I was pissed I was declaring them as 'the next Sex Pistols' :oops:

Went to see them a few times after that in their early days

I've seen them 3 times and they were always quality

I once wandered in a room in Manumission and chanced upon HHH. It was embryonic Ibiza Rocks, and I watched them off my tits with Michael Stipe stood next to us.

Was it not @Barry Siddall?

I once wandered in a room in Manumission and chanced upon HHH. It was embryonic Ibiza Rocks, and I watched them off my tits with Michael Stipe stood next to us.

I had Cornish on my shoulders and I've been 2 inches smaller ever since.

You could have added @Henry of Monmouth and had the worlds fattest totem pole

Last edited:
My ex came back from a festival raving about a band and how amazing they were. She said it was The Frightened Rabbits. Got tickets to go and see them at Newcastle Uni and she was like "this isn't the band I was thinking of"?! Ha! Still never found out who it was she saw!
:lol: Aye festivals can be confusing.
The first time I saw Frank Turner at Leeds Fest I was canny spangled but enjoyed it, so we got tickets for his Newcastle gig. Upon arrival, we realised that neither of us could remember what he looked like, so we stood watching the support (Chuck Regan) not knowing if it was him or not.

Bought tickets for Supergrass... Apart from I bought Super Furry Animals instead - didn't notice 'til they started :oops::eek::lol:.

It was ok though - I quite like them :). And they were supported by Goldie Looking Chain who were rather funny...
Went to see Blur at the Arena and didn't know who the support act was so went and seen, it was The Super Furry Animals "don't give a fuck about anybody else"

Thought they were excellent

Not a band i liked tbh. Couple of mates wanted to go. To see a band on the verge of 'making it' is often as good as it gets. For me,franz ferdinand blew them away.

Also once had the extreme displeasure of watching athlete at the uni aswell. Fuck me that was horrific. I literally boo'd them.

I've no real knowledge of them bar a couple of tracks but one of them is probably the most important song of my life - 'Wires' sums up perfectly how I felt when my daughter was rushed back into hospital less than 24 hours old with suspected meningitis - didnt think she would be coming out again - she's nearly 15 now like :lol:

Remember trying to see Queen at the Mecca in the 70's after they'd just released their first LP...
Think they pulled out 3 times in all, and never did play..... think it was ACE who replaced them the first time.... not sure about the rest, but remember seeing Wizard for some strange reason around the same time... :) would never have voluntarily seen either of them!....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back