Bands you saw by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Sneech made me check out the spree instead of the strokes once and it was amazing. People climbing the tent towers and waving lumps of foliage purloined from British sea power; the guy behind the sound desk going bananas; the French horn player crowd surfing.

To be fair, they looked like they were having a good time when I saw them but the sound was so bad I had my fingers in my ears

Utah Saints ft. Edwin Starr at the Reading Festival, 2000.

Stereophonics were shit so my mate dragged us into see them with me dragging my heels. Absolutely f***ing mint.

The Editors who supported Franz Ferdinand at the arena years ago. They were shite.

Patrick Wolf after turning up to a festival gig early, he was fantastic.

I quite like The Editors.

Not a mistake as such but Coldplay were headlining T when I was there, had no interest in watching them but couldn't be arsed to walk to another stage so stayed for the set. Probably one of the best bands I've ever seen live, it was f***ing amazing.

The Sex pistols, went to see Eddie and the hotrods at the Marquee and the pistols were supporting them, the were f***ing awful.

Tinie temper in Ibiza ,enjoyed it aswell .

"I know what boys like "
"I know what they want "
"They want that good thing "
"They want to get some "
"Go low ,go low everybody go low " etc etc .

Was very entertaining.

I saw Van Morrison by mistake on two occasions. I have actually been to three of his concerts but the first was fantastic and therefore my wife an I were keen to see him again. At the second concert (at the Roundhouse) he totally ignored the audience and spent most of the time during each number engaged in some sort heated argument with his sound engineer. When he finished the set he didn't acknowledge anyone and immediately walked off the stage and never returned. He moved so fast that I am sure that he was out of the stage door and back at home by the time the last of the audience had cleared the hall.

The next time he was appearing at an open air summer concert . Listening to his songs for half an hour or so my wife and I realised that as he was using exactly the same arrangement for each of them so it was impossible to tell one song from another. (I presumed that he had done that quite deliberately). On that occasion we left early and probably go home before he did.

Never again - I just buy his records now.
Had all most identical experiences- seen him twice
Once great...the other shite! :lol:

Not so much seeing a band by mistake, more missing a band by mistake.

Bought tickets to see Stevie Salas Colorcode with 24/7 Spyz in the `80`s. a great mix of Funk and Rock. Put it in my diary and duly turned up at the Riverside being somewhat surprised at being able to park right outside. As I walked in I said to the bouncer that it was rather quiet to which he replied that it was but it had been wild the previous night. It suddenly dawned on me that I`d put it in my diary for the wrong day. I`m still kicking myself at missing that one.

went to a ruts concert at durham uni and the dammed turned up and did a few songs as part of the encore...

a mate was working at fenham barracks in the 80's. he walked past one of the pubs after work and heard a live band playing a dire straits song, so he went in and it was dire straits. it was the landlord's birthday (or some similar celebration) and they knew him so surprised him with an impromptu gig.

I saw the Damned at Durham University with Ruts DC supporting them...1981-2 time.

Oh, saw The Tallest Man on Earth accidentally when I was in Stavanger last year. Amazing. I might have got drunk and cried a bit when he played The Wheel.

Me and a mate of mine used to go to Camden Palace years back, went in one night and after a couple of beers Dr and the Medics came on, didn't even know there was a band on.

Conversely, when I was 18 I went to Gig on the Green with some massive Feeder fans. We went to their stage nice and early to get near the front and the Stereo MCs were on before them and were phenomenal!
Love a bit Stereo MC's like.

I quite like The Editors.

Not a mistake as such but Coldplay were headlining T when I was there, had no interest in watching them but couldn't be arsed to walk to another stage so stayed for the set. Probably one of the best bands I've ever seen live, it was f***ing amazing.
Careful mate, it's cool to say you don't like Coldplay. In fact so many people are quick to tell you how much they don't like them that it's now far more original to admit you do.

They're a great band and also one of the best I've seen live too.

Iron Maiden - that was a mistake.
Me anarl. Mayfair Newcastle Rd. UB40 same venue anarl.

Also saw Gene in Kentish Town while looking for a late night drink.

City Hall? I was there too.
Was that the night Costello played Newcastle Rd Mayfair/Mecca cos they were in the crowd for that.

At Blackheath Festival a couple of times ago we were bored othe main stage bands so went into one of the tents to listen to a cover of Green Onions. Turned out to be Squeeze.

Went ower Newcadtle Rd Mayfair on a Saturday night twice in my life when my marra was sniffing round a lass he knew would be in there and the bands that appeared later changed their names to Tears For a Fears and The Alarm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back