Avengers - Infinity War

It was OK.
Felt liked too many characters chucked in just so they could be there.
Not seeing it until tomorrow, I can see this being a problem though.

The first avengers film was built around 6 heroes (Hulk, Thor, Stark, Cap, Hawkeye, Black Widow). There are probably close to 20 in this mash-up, a lot of them will have very little to do.

You won’t be able to recognise the scene filmed in Durham Cathedral, which has Thor, Groot and Rocket. If you didn’t know it was filmed there then you wouldnt be aware of it.

I've been wondering about this.
I went up to the Cathedral for a look around when they were filming so was keeping a close eye on the scenes I expected to have been shot there.
Now I could be wrong, but I'm not 100% convinced that the Cathedral shot scenes actually ended up in this film, (being saved for part 2 perhaps, or just cut?).
Like I say I could be wrong, but when I had a look around there were some very noticeable large Norse statues placed around the cathedral none of which I can remember seeing in the finished film. The other thing is that why would they bother filming in the Cathedral if the whole thing was just going to be shot with CGI backgrounds, they would surely have just used a studio rather than a location shoot?
That said, they did thank "Durham Cathedral in the end credits, and if that scene in the film is the one they filmed there then like you say, you'd never be able to tell.

I've been wondering about this.
I went up to the Cathedral for a look around when they were filming so was keeping a close eye on the scenes I expected to have been shot there.
Now I could be wrong, but I'm not 100% convinced that the Cathedral shot scenes actually ended up in this film, (being saved for part 2 perhaps, or just cut?).
Like I say I could be wrong, but when I had a look around there were some very noticeable large Norse statues placed around the cathedral none of which I can remember seeing in the finished film. The other thing is that why would they bother filming in the Cathedral if the whole thing was just going to be shot with CGI backgrounds, they would surely have just used a studio rather than a location shoot?
That said, they did thank "Durham Cathedral in the end credits, and if that scene in the film is the one they filmed there then like you say, you'd never be able to tell.

I always thought it was Ragnorak that was filmed in the cathedral? The scene where his radge sister or him is sat in the chair

It was OK.
Felt liked too many characters chucked in just so they could be there.
It's entertaining enough but those saying 10/10 etc are going way overboard, in my opinion obviously ;)

This is what I’m expecting, f***ing hate Spider-Man anarl

Not seeing it until tomorrow, I can see this being a problem though.

The first avengers film was built around 6 heroes (Hulk, Thor, Stark, Cap, Hawkeye, Black Widow). There are probably close to 20 in this mash-up, a lot of them will have very little to do.

Hulk / Banner are totally pointless in this film and didn’t really need to be in it!

But knowing Marvel, the fact Hulk bottled it must be leading up to something later.

Back