Avengers - Infinity War

Yeah spotted that too, in fact considering the cinema was full, nobody left until after that bit heard a few mutterings of THAT name being talked about by people, also heard a few shouts of “holy shit/fuck/crap” from people just before the credits started rolling :lol:

I think I might have missed it as I didn’t see it but I heard that they were showing the name of the next Avengers movie at the end of the credits, was it shown?

It wasn't shown. They teased it would say "The Avengers would return in...." but then said they'll reveal the title in a couple of months as it ties in with the ending of IW.

It's brilliant. You won't be disappointed. I've spent most of the day searching for theories for Avengers 4 :lol:
Found fuck all as it's probably too soon but watching it last Night has me reeling to find out what the fuck happens.
Fuck waiting a another year :evil:

That stuff comes from America usually, its not out until tomrorrow over there.

It wasn't shown. They teased it would say "The Avengers would return in...." but then said they'll reveal the title in a couple of months as it ties in with the ending of IW.

That stuff comes from America usually, its not out until tomrorrow over there.

Ahh fair enough. I'll have to make do until then. I'm never ever usually this invested in a film like :lol:

Ending left me speechless

Didn’t expect the death count to be so high, nearly everybody dead! :eek:

I am not convinced they are actually, or permanently dead. Some of the characters killed have only been introduced, why would you have that spiderman homecoming film, which essentially builds up the Peter Parker character for future challenges, just to have him killed like that? Given likewise Groot has already died once and is back as a teenager, why would they kill him again? The answer is that if Thanos is wiping out half the universe with his infinity stones, then it obviously has to be reversed. I think the damage will be undone when he is defeated in the sequel

I am not convinced they are actually, or permanently dead. Some of the characters killed have only been introduced, why would you have that spiderman homecoming film, which essentially builds up the Peter Parker character for future challenges, just to have him killed like that? Given likewise Groot has already died once and is back as a teenager, why would they kill him again? The answer is that if Thanos is wiping out half the universe with his infinity stones, then it obviously has to be reversed. I think the damage will be undone when he is defeated in the sequel

Given how Dr Strange said there is only one outcome where The Avengers win when he went off into the future, and how easy he gave up the time stone most of them will be back. I reckon he already knew they were on the wrong path and Stark somehow plays a major role in reversing time using the stone.

Last edited:
Given how Dr Strange said there is only one outcome where The Avengers win when he went off into the future, and how easy he gave up the time stone most of them will be back. I reckon he already knew they were on the wrong path and Stark somehow plays a major role in reversing time using the stone.

I was thinking the same

He knew the only path that could lead to beating Thanos. There's no way he'd give that up just to save Tony Stark. I'm guessing Wong can use the time stone if they can get it to him, but there was no way to do that without Thanos following. Unless they let Thanos think he'd won, and then go get it back off him

I'm thinking the same. I'm convinced Captain Marvel will have a big role to play. Based solely off the end credits. Her 'origin' film is set in the 90s. Where has she been since then? Why didn't Fury call upon her during the attack on New York in the Avengers or the Ultron episode.
I think, just based off the pager alone that she's either stuck or out of choice, back in time and only asked to be called upon at a universe ending event. Kevin Feige after all has said she's the most powerful character known to date.
I also think all of this will have something to do with the soul stone. It's importance and the fact very little has been seen or heard of it leads me to believe it'll be important.
I'm thinking those that have died will be stuck within it in an alternate dimension and those left behind (happens to be a lot of the old guard) will have to somehow sacrifice themselves in order to bring them back and Tony will be the one to discover this.
Just my thoughts

TBH I had posted that very sleep deprived and wasn’t exactly thinking straight :lol:

I am huge fan of the original Infinity Gauntlet storyline that this is based on, so know that those wiped from existence will return. If my memory serves it was the Soul Gem that was used to sort of turn the tide again Thanos, Adam Warlock had sacrificed himself so he could get into the Soul Gem (soul world) and was able to influence the wearer from within. My theory is that Dr Strange may have foreseen this and all the souls that Thanos wiped out could be inside the Soul Gem. Dr Strange could have seen this as way of defeating Thanos and restoring the balance.

Mind you I could be completely off base but it’s going a long wait to find out :lol:

I'm thinking the same. I'm convinced Captain Marvel will have a big role to play. Based solely off the end credits. Her 'origin' film is set in the 90s. Where has she been since then? Why didn't Fury call upon her during the attack on New York in the Avengers or the Ultron episode.
I think, just based off the pager alone that she's either stuck or out of choice, back in time and only asked to be called upon at a universe ending event. Kevin Feige after all has said she's the most powerful character known to date.
I also think all of this will have something to do with the soul stone. It's importance and the fact very little has been seen or heard of it leads me to believe it'll be important.
I'm thinking those that have died will be stuck within it in an alternate dimension and those left behind (happens to be a lot of the old guard) will have to somehow sacrifice themselves in order to bring them back and Tony will be the one to discover this.
Just my thoughts

Good theory that I was starting to lean toward that theory too, especially we know RDJ etc movie contracts are up with Avengers 4 what better way to go out than having their character sacrifice themselves for the greater good

Last edited:
TBH I had posted that very sleep deprived and wasn’t exactly thinking straight :lol:

I am huge fan of the original Infinity Gauntlet storyline that this is based on, so know that those wiped from existence will return. If my memory serves it was the Soul Gem that was used to sort of turn the tide again Thanos, Adam Warlock had sacrificed himself so he could get into the Soul Gem (soul world) and was able to influence the wearer from within. My theory is that Dr Strange may have foreseen this and all the souls that Thanos wiped out could be inside the Soul Gem. Dr Strange could have seen this as way of defeating Thanos and restoring the balance.

Mind you I could be completely off base but it’s going a long wait to find out :lol:

Good theory that I was starting to lean toward that theory too, especially we know RDJ etc movie contracts are up with Avengers 4 what better way to go out than having their character sacrifice themselves for the greater good

It'll be a good way of doing things. I'm pretty impressed with my Soul Gem theory based on what you've said and the fact I have absolutely no knowledge of the Infinity Gauntlet comic storyline. :lol:I'm going to have to look at buying and reading it now!

I'd completely forgotten about the Adam Warlock Easter egg at the end of GOTG2. He must have a part to play!

It'll be a good way of doing things. I'm pretty impressed with my Soul Gem theory based on what you've said and the fact I have absolutely no knowledge of the Infinity Gauntlet comic storyline. :lol:I'm going to have to look at buying and reading it now!

I'd completely forgotten about the Adam Warlock Easter egg at the end of GOTG2. He must have a part to play!

It may be a bit dated now, as it now 28 years ago when it was first published but still worth a read.

Desperately trying really hard to ignore all the bright red spoiler boxes (they might as well be screaming “READ ME YOU FOOL!!”) - I’m not going to get the chance to go see this film until next Friday.

Right, fuck yous,, it's got to the stage where I'm clicking on your spolier tags and f***ing squinting and only looking at 1st line. Part of me wants to and the other part is fighting itself. I'm in a battle with me own consciousness at the minute :oops::lol::lol:

That's it, I'm leaving the thread. I'll be back mind blown in 20 hours or so:lol:

Back