Anyone gone vegan recently?

Not to de-rail everyone shouting about bacon and crying about people being preachy but - What do you use? I'm working my way through MyProteins vanilla soy isolate but find it is really, really foamy and you need loads of liquid to get a decent consistency. It's fine, but am open to trying something else if it's better.
Yeah, just that. Myprotein vegan blend.
It's not great by itself but I usually add it to almond milk and a few frozen fruits and it's ok

Replace daughter for wife, and this is me to a t.
I'd like to go vegan but at the moment it's a bit too much hassle, and probably won't, though it's getting far easier, most restaraunts have quite nice vegan choices.
If you said I'd have this view 5 yrs ago I'd have laughed at you (I love the gym and my meat protein consumption was ridiculous) , but nowadays I usually take veggie options when available and have a few meat free days, supplemented by vegan protein powder
Can’t say I’ve ever taken the veggie option when eating out like. Meat is nicer than veg.

Haha. I'm happy to eat what I like in front of mine:lol:
My daughter said she wanted to go veggie and I wouldn’t let her.

Can’t say I’ve ever taken the veggie option when eating out like. Meat is nicer than veg.
In your opinion.

Nowt better than a plate of lovely colours of veg Imo.

Youre just a bit behind in the curve marra.
4 or 5 years time you'll start to understand that meat consumption needs to come down, and we need to treat animals better.

You must be proud of your daughter for making her own mind up and having a different pov of her dad?

In your opinion.

Nowt better than a plate of lovely colours of veg Imo.

Youre just a bit behind in the curve marra.
4 or 5 years time you'll start to understand that meat consumption needs to come down, and we need to treat animals better.

You must be proud of your daughter for making her own mind up and having a different pov of her dad?
Meat consumption doesn’t need to come down - my meat consumption hasn’t increased. It’s the population that needs to come down, but nobody’s interested in doing anything about it.

I've cut down out a lot of meat and I'll probably continue to cut down on animal products as best I can. But I couldn't go full on vegan, its too much hassle. Although I've just bought Quorn mince to make some Fajita's with later, never had Quorn before.

That’s just taking things to extremes.
Just introduce a worldwide programme of sterilisation after 2 kids. If you want more, adopt.

And bring in a Blade Runner style maximum age.
I've always thought you should need to apply to have kids. You have to study and practice to drive a car and pass a test, but any fucker can pump out kids, no matter how unsuitable they may be to have them.

Meat consumption doesn’t need to come down - my meat consumption hasn’t increased. It’s the population that needs to come down, but nobody’s interested in doing anything about it.

It really really does.

I've always thought you should need to apply to have kids. You have to study and practice to drive a car and pass a test, but any fucker can pump out kids, no matter how unsuitable they may be to have them.

We need a solution. Something definitive and absolute.

Last edited:
Boris Johnson always banging on about increasing female education in the third world, as the surest way of reducing the global population explosion

If vegans really cared about the planet they wouldn't reproduce. It would be a massive help to everybody. We could use the land they leave behind to raise livestock and no longer have then need to bulldoze rainforests.

Back