Anyone gone vegan recently?

All I can tell you is that I have never had an injury free season other than this one despite me nearly doubling my mileage that year.......Given the powers of a vegan diet to counter inflammation in our bodies is that the reason for the lack of injuries that year? The evidence is anecdotal given I am an experiment of one but given my injury record that year was staggering for me.

Many Indian meals are vegan but clearly you need to check with each individual place you buy it.....

As for vegetarian v Vegan and health......Thing is when you eat vegetarian you are still eating cheese, milk etc you are still consuming stuff which is full of shit......Is vegetarian better than meat eating, absolutely......Is vegetarian better than a 100% plant based diet, not a chance.

Years ago this would have been a debate but the scientific evidence is now very clear.

Not even just ethical reasons, milk, eggs and other dairy products like cheese are still rammed with shit.
Indeed.

No. Going vegetarian alone isn’t enough if you’re vegan for ethical reasons i.e. the suffering caused by the dairy and egg industries.
Yeah but he’s taking about the health stuff
No. Going vegetarian alone isn’t enough if you’re vegan for ethical reasons i.e. the suffering caused by the dairy and egg industries.
I couldn’t give a fuck about any of that tbh. I’m just interested in these claimed health benefits.
Don’t you like chips?
Yes, and?

Last edited:
Yeah but he’s taking about the health stuff

I couldn’t give a fuck about any of that tbh. I’m just interested in these claimed health benefits.

Yes, and?

Not sure they are even claimed health benefits anymore, the weight of evidence is huge.

I think his point was that chips like many other foods we love are accidentally vegan.....Bizarrely you can eat BBQ pringles (vegan) but salt and vinegar ones have milk in them. Odd but true.

One of my favourite vegan snacks are Oreos.....Chocolate biscuits with a cream filling but vegan....Hmmm

Not sure they are even claimed health benefits anymore, the weight of evidence is huge.

I think his point was that chips like many other foods we love are accidentally vegan.....Bizarrely you can eat BBQ pringles (vegan) but salt and vinegar ones have milk in them. Odd but true.

One of my favourite vegan snacks are Oreos.....Chocolate biscuits with a cream filling but vegan....Hmmm
I’m sure the meat industry would challenge the evidence mind.

I went vegan for a month at the start of the year and it was the healthiest I'd felt for years! I then went travelling and allowed myself to eat dairy again for convenience, then got lazy and started eating fish again for the first time in over a year. It was meant to be temporary but I'm still eating it.

As a result of suffering lots of acid reflux and indigestion lately, I've decided to go vegan again as all that bollocks stopped pretty much completely when I was vegan.
I’m sure the meat industry would challenge the evidence mind.
Well obviously they would. Turkeys don't advocate the benefits of Christmas, either.

More than anything else, I couldn’t be bothered with the faff on of checking everything was vegan. As the Dead Kennedys put it, Give me convenience or give me death :lol: Plus how far do you take it? Leather? Gelatine?

More than anything else, I couldn’t be bothered with the faff on of checking everything was vegan. As the Dead Kennedys put it, Give me convenience or give me death :lol: Plus how far do you take it? Leather? Gelatine?
In all likelihood, the vast majority of your food is already vegan. The only things to check are processed foods, really. It's much easier if you cook a lot (which I don't!).

I have leather clothing and I would say I'll likely keep wearing it rather than waste it, but I probably won't buy any more. Gelatine to be avoided.

In all likelihood, the vast majority of your food is already vegan. The only things to check are processed foods, really. It's much easier if you cook a lot (which I don't!).

I have leather clothing and I would say I'll likely keep wearing it rather than waste it, but I probably won't buy any more. Gelatine to be avoided.

Spot on, most of what we eat everyday is vegan anyway......The last step is not huge but hugely beneficial.

Let’s see now...
Breakfast: toast and butter
Dinner: pepperoni pizza
Tea: bacon, sausage and egg sarnies
Supper: Steak and veg

Hmmm, maybe the vast majority isn’t vegan

Let’s see now...
Breakfast: toast and butter
Dinner: pepperoni pizza
Tea: bacon, sausage and egg sarnies
Supper: Steak and veg

Hmmm, maybe the vast majority isn’t vegan

Toast and vegan spread

Vegan pepporoni pizza

Vegan bacon, sausage and egg

Vegan steak and veg

Nope, seems to me its all easily done and tbh looking at that lot you will be so much healthier when its done ;)

Toast and vegan spread

Vegan pepporoni pizza

Vegan bacon, sausage and egg

Vegan steak and veg

Nope, seems to me its all easily done and tbh looking at that lot you will be so much healthier when its done ;)
Wtf is vegan steak? I’ve had quorn mince once, it was passable. The pretendy chicken is rubbish though. Show me a vegan alternative that tastes better than the meaty equivalent and I might give it a go.
The toast and veg are vegan, as a start, but even if you continue to eat meat those 4 meals in one day is overkill!
Yeah, that’s not an average day tbf. But I’ll generally eat meat 2 meals a day. That or cheese.

Last edited:
Wtf is vegan steak? I’ve had quorn mince once, it was passable. The pretendy chicken is rubbish though. Show me a vegan alternative that tastes better than the meaty equivalent and I might give it a go.

Yeah, that’s not an average day tbf. But I’ll generally eat meat 2 meals a day. That or cheese.
Fair enough. My point is generally that even if you eat meat every meal, most of what's on the other side of the plate is likely to already be vegan.

My kids took the piss when I went vegan, I gave them vegan "chicken" burgers without them realising and they preferred them to their "normal" chicken burgers. Its almost like if people dont have an agenda to start with it makes little difference.

I’m definitely eating less meat these days. Some of it looks awful in the supermarket shelves. Quality of meat is definitely declining.

Why do vegans offend meat eaters so much? Its a common trend to be so outraged by their lifestyle choices, and it is literally having zero effect on the lives of meat eaters whatsoever beyond potentially making an improvement to the planet.

Why do vegans offend meat eaters so much? Its a common trend to be so outraged by their lifestyle choices, and it is literally having zero effect on the lives of meat eaters whatsoever beyond potentially making an improvement to the planet.

As per my opening post last night, you try finding a decent local restaurant with a good choice of vegan (not vegetarian) meals :)

Back