Anyone gone vegan recently?

As per my opening post last night, you try finding a decent local restaurant with a good choice of vegan (not vegetarian) meals :)

The Good Apple is excellent in Sunderland. Sky Apple, Little Green Social, Junk It Up, Kama Kitchen and Grumpy Pandas in Newcastle are all good. Most Indian restaurants are easily accommodating.

I'm personally vegetarian rather than vegan and have been for nearly 20 years. The UK is behind the rest of Europe in regards to accommodating vegans, but its improving.

Last edited:
The Good Apple is excellent in Sunderland. Sky Apple, Little Green Social, Junk It Up, Kama Kitchen and Grumpy Pandas in Newcastle are all good. Most Indian restaurants are easily accommodating.

I'm personally vegetarian rather than vegan and have been for nearly 20 years. The UK is behind the rest of Europe in regards to accommodating vegans, but its improving.

Ended up taking colleagues to Grey Horse in East Boldon, they have a Vegan menu and I must admit some of the choices sounded really nice. I’m a meat lover myself but I had one of the vegan starters and it was really nice.

Ended up taking colleagues to Grey Horse in East Boldon, they have a Vegan menu and I must admit some of the choices sounded really nice. I’m a meat lover myself but I had one of the vegan starters and it was really nice.

Pleased you enjoyed it. For whatever reason people become vegan/vegetarian then every little helps and is a step in their perceived right direction.

The fuckers are blocking meat markets now, haway do your own thing and bore us on social media but become between me and a bacon sarnie and there’ll be wigs on the green....

All I can tell you is that I have never had an injury free season other than this one despite me nearly doubling my mileage that year.......Given the powers of a vegan diet to counter inflammation in our bodies is that the reason for the lack of injuries that year? The evidence is anecdotal given I am an experiment of one but given my injury record that year was staggering for me.

Many Indian meals are vegan but clearly you need to check with each individual place you buy it.....

As for vegetarian v Vegan and health......Thing is when you eat vegetarian you are still eating cheese, milk etc you are still consuming stuff which is full of shit......Is vegetarian better than meat eating, absolutely......Is vegetarian better than a 100% plant based diet, not a chance.

Years ago this would have been a debate but the scientific evidence is now very clear.

Not even just ethical reasons, milk, eggs and other dairy products like cheese are still rammed with shit.
As I've previously said in the thread I went vegan and put on weight. You can eat vegan and still be horrendously unhealthy.
Flexitarian is the way to go, increase the plant based meals and decrease the unsustainable meats but still able to have the occasional bacon butter
Why does everything have to have a name? It's just daft.

As I've previously said in the thread I went vegan and put on weight. You can eat vegan and still be horrendously unhealthy.

Why does everything have to have a name? It's just daft.

Of course you can, eat nothing but eat chips and crisps and sup beer then you will get fat. Most vegans don’t eat like that anymore than non vegans do.
What is vegan egg?

It’s an egg substitute product

Last edited:
My youngest son has allergies to most things so his diet has had to go vegan minus soya. So I have chose to do this so he can have the same meals as me and won’t be left out.

There's a place for eating nutricious meals that don't contain certain foods, perhaps the answer is actually to adjust our diet rather than entirely flipping it over.

Back