Anyone gone vegan recently?

If I think about it to much I don’t really like the idea of eating meat because the animals are very intelligent and loving creatures. Especially cows and chickens. Pigs can fuck off. However they are all so god damn tasty. Plus avoiding animal products completely these days is a real ball ache.

If I think about it to much I don’t really like the idea of eating meat because the animals are very intelligent and loving creatures. Especially cows and chickens. Pigs can fuck off. However they are all so god damn tasty. Plus avoiding animal products completely these days is a real ball ache.
Isn’t that the point though? They can show off just how damn hard they have to work at being vegan to their other hipster friends.

Fried chicken ads at the bottom of the page :lol:

Last edited:
I'll give this thread a try, taking a work colleague out for food tonight, any of you lot know of a decent restaurant in the Boldon - Sunderland area that has a good choice of Vegan dishes?

Had a vegan sausage roll.

And I liked it.

Saw that fella Pritchard from Dirty Sanchez is a vegan chef now, he was plugging his book on Sunday Brunch. To be fair the food they showed looked nice.

I've got mates who are vegetarian and they've cooked stuff I would never have bothered with, and it's been really nice.

I wouldn't give up meat, and being vegan seems a reet hassle, but I often think I should try and mix it up a bit when it comes to my diet. Tasty scran is tasty scran.
Flexitarian is the way to go, increase the plant based meals and decrease the unsustainable meats but still able to have the occasional bacon butter

I’m finding myself eating less and less meat nowadays and I definitely feel better for it.

If I want meat I will do but it’s maybe twice a week tops now.

I'll give this thread a try, taking a work colleague out for food tonight, any of you lot know of a decent restaurant in the Boldon - Sunderland area that has a good choice of Vegan dishes?

I know this won't help you much now, but Indian is usually a decent shout for a good choice for vegan bait. As long as they don't use ghee in their veggie dishes.

Mexican food is usually easy to adapt to vegan too, if vegan options aren't available on the menu.

Last edited:
I know this won't help you much now, but Indian is usually a decent shout for a good choice for vegan bait. As long as they don't use ghee in their veggie dishes.

Mexican food is usually easy to adapt to vegan too, if vegan options aren't available on the menu.

She said that this is the usual on a menu, hence me looking for alternatives
We know what you are, we know what you are.....
Tree Hugging bastards we know what you are....

:) - give it a go.

I did for my starter, that was enough

Last edited:
Do you honestly believe that you’ve made a choice for life, or do it ou worry, in your heart of hearts, that you’ll give it up once it stops being trendy and the hipsters move into something else?

Went Vegan in 2014.....Honestly the fittest, healthiest and leanist I have ever been and fuelled me through 6 ultra marathons and over 2500 miles of injury free running that year......For various reasons (largely family and social pressure) have fallen off the wagon a few times but having been a massive meat eater most of my life before 2014 I know 100% that eating vegan is by far the most healthy and best way forward for your health....

I originally did it for ethical reasons but seriously, a few weeks of a vegan diet and you will be blown away with the energy and feeling of vitality you feel compared to normal.....Living a vegan lifestyle again now and while I cant say I wont ever fall off the wagon again (I love the taste of meat) the meat alternative and vegan market is now so well developed that eating vegan is now a doddle.

My advice to anybody is go vegan for a month and see how you feel, I dont know anybody that has ever done this who says they didnt feel massively better in themselves.
We know what you are, we know what you are.....
Tree Hugging bastards we know what you are....

:) - give it a go.

Virtually all restaurants do vegan options now.....Go for Indians, lots of Indian food is "accidentally" vegan.

Went Vegan in 2014.....Honestly the fittest, healthiest and leanist I have ever been and fuelled me through 6 ultra marathons and over 2500 miles of injury free running that year......For various reasons (largely family and social pressure) have fallen off the wagon a few times but having been a massive meat eater most of my life before 2014 I know 100% that eating vegan is by far the most healthy and best way forward for your health....

I originally did it for ethical reasons but seriously, a few weeks of a vegan diet and you will be blown away with the energy and feeling of vitality you feel compared to normal.....Living a vegan lifestyle again now and while I cant say I wont ever fall off the wagon again (I love the taste of meat) the meat alternative and vegan market is now so well developed that eating vegan is now a doddle.

My advice to anybody is go vegan for a month and see how you feel, I dont know anybody that has ever done this who says they didnt feel massively better in themselves.

Virtually all restaurants do vegan options now.....Go for Indians, lots of Indian food is "accidentally" vegan.
Surely going vegetarian is enough of a change though? The going full on vegan seems to be a fashion thing.
Are these Indian dishes of which you speak actually vegan, or are they still using cream, ghee etc?
And if I was bothered about feeling super fit and healthy I wouldn’t be staying up half the night, smoking or getting lashed every weekend. I don’t think the meat and dairy has a great deal to do with it.
And are you seriously attributing injury free running to your diet? Interesting.
Flexitarian is the way to go, increase the plant based meals and decrease the unsustainable meats but still able to have the occasional bacon butter
The expression “plant based meals” is enough to put me off.

Last edited:
Surely going vegetarian is enough of a change though? The going full on vegan seems to be a fashion thing.
Are these Indian dishes of which you speak actually vegan, or are they still using cream, ghee etc?
And if I was bothered about feeling super fit and healthy I wouldn’t be staying up half the night, smoking or getting lashed every weekend. I don’t think the meat and dairy has a great deal to do with it.
And are you seriously attributing injury free running to your diet? Interesting.

No. Going vegetarian alone isn’t enough if you’re vegan for ethical reasons i.e. the suffering caused by the dairy and egg industries.

All I can tell you is that I have never had an injury free season other than this one despite me nearly doubling my mileage that year.......Given the powers of a vegan diet to counter inflammation in our bodies is that the reason for the lack of injuries that year? The evidence is anecdotal given I am an experiment of one but given my injury record that year was staggering for me.

Many Indian meals are vegan but clearly you need to check with each individual place you buy it.....

As for vegetarian v Vegan and health......Thing is when you eat vegetarian you are still eating cheese, milk etc you are still consuming stuff which is full of shit......Is vegetarian better than meat eating, absolutely......Is vegetarian better than a 100% plant based diet, not a chance.

Years ago this would have been a debate but the scientific evidence is now very clear.
No. Going vegetarian alone isn’t enough if you’re vegan for ethical reasons i.e. the suffering caused by the dairy and egg industries.

Not even just ethical reasons, milk, eggs and other dairy products like cheese are still rammed with shit.

Don’t you like chips?

You should probably have a try of vegan "chicken", vegan burgers and vegan sausages.......All plant based and little different to meat.

Back