Anyone ever seen a wild adder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loads around kielder

and if you walk barrow burn/windy gyle area a lot theres loads up there as well

wee lizards as well

What happened after the bite? Spasms and shit?

Basically agonising pain in my leg, swells massively, felt sick and faint. But was very quickly given emergency care and anti venom (They are reluctant sometimes to give this as weakens its effectiveness in a 2nd bite but I got it as didn't live in the US).

Skin then started to decompose over the next week's. I wouldn't advise walking around a terrace of a Georgia country club and golf course without looking. But in this case it' because the thick fucks had put a mouse catcher near by and it bought the snake nearer in for a few free meals

However, not an adder, but much more dangerous, I was out in the sticks in Burma about 30 years ago.

There was a very basic outside toilet, the roof was propped up by a wooden post in the middle of it.

As I squatted on the toilet, to do my business, I looked at the post, coiled around it was a huge colourful snake.

Probably a krait or something.

It was looking at me and doing the flicky snakey thing with its tongue.

Quickest crap I have ever had.

:lol:

Should solve any constipation problems.

On topic, i was running through heather just north of Bellingham, and did a fairly good emergency stop as i saw a snake in front, right in my path. Don't know if it was an adder, but to make this relevant, i suspect it was. 50 years ago this was, so It may be dead now.

Not seen an added but worked on a farm a few year's ago in Australia for me second year holiday visa.

Was walking home through the fields and nearly stood on Red Bellied Black Snake. Was chilling getting some sun. Beautiful snake like.

Few weeks later I was working in another paddock ages away from the nearest portaloo. So went and squatted down behind a big rock if you get me.

Another red bellied snake slithered past me dangling balls around 2 metres away.

Literally shit me self.

Only snake I've seen in the wild was in Cyprus. A Cyprus whip snake, it brushed past my ankle doing about 30mph I nearly shit myself!

We had a snake about 10 years in my fish pond at the back of our house, I'd just got back from work and sat out on the patio with a drink and noticed something in the water. At first I thought it was a frog and got the Shock of my life when I seen it with one of my fish in its mouth. I managed to net it and took it to the Washington wildlife centre. They weren't really sure what species it was so didn't want to release it into the Wild Until they got more info. They rang my Mrs (no) couple days later to say it was a hybrid..

Just once and very briefly in the Coquet Valley.

As a kid saw a few grass snakes down Dawdon blast.

Never seen a slow worm, or a lizard in the UK.

My Mum grew up in Singapore (Navy Grandad) and was once practising on a static polo horse.

A few hours later all hell broke loose as they had found a 3 meter black Mamba under it. Locals killed it and burnt it

I used to live next to one up in Argyll at my grandparents' place.

It used to live in a large fern by the burn about five meters from the house. As kids we were just told to leave it in peace and not disturb it unnecessarily. Used to see it poking its head out watching us as we walked passed, splashed in the burn, sat on the bridge or stood next to it poking the incinerator bin. If we got too noisy it would just slither off for the afternoon before returning once we'd gone.

Not seen an added but worked on a farm a few year's ago in Australia for me second year holiday visa.

Was walking home through the fields and nearly stood on Red Bellied Black Snake. Was chilling getting some sun. Beautiful snake like.

Few weeks later I was working in another paddock ages away from the nearest portaloo. So went and squatted down behind a big rock if you get me.

Another red bellied snake slithered past me dangling balls around 2 metres away.

Literally shit me self.

i've seen a fair few during my time here. they're venomous but really passive. have never had any bother with them. a mate just about stood on one and it just ignored him.

“Anyone seen wild adder?”

as though there’s such a thing as a tame adder that you can take for walkies or play with the bairns :confused:

The only good adder is a deed adder in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back