Anyone ever seen a wild adder?

Discussion in 'SMB' started by harmy, Feb 13, 2018.

1. harmy

harmy Midfield

Anyone I’ve seen a wild adder in the uk before?

The badger post got me interested

2. THELORDRODWELL

THELORDRODWELL Midfield

No, but I’ve seen a livid gorilla with the same actor

3. Yes, and at 40 odd years old I was surprised at how fast I could still run. I was more surprised when me Dad went steaming past me :lol:

4. Flared Hicks

Flared Hicks Striker

Yes. I was in the house in France and heard my daughter screaming in the garden. Came out and there was an adder ambling along the side of the house.

I’m much more cautious now about walking out barefoot but still stupidly garden in my flip flops from time to time.

*EDIT* Sorry just noticed you said in the UK.

Boz33 likes this.
  5. El Oso

El Oso Goalkeeper

No just a dead one by the side of the road in Oxfordshire.

The Mrs spotted it.

It was about 3 foot long.
    Picked it up and walked for about 10 minutes with it.

Got some toots and odd looks from passing motorists.

Was gonna skin it, but couldn't be arsed in the end, so ended up hoying it away.

6. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Have you.

7. Yes, in a maths class.

8. Never

But I did see carol vorderman annoyed at failing to get the numbers equation correct

9. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Say two on one trip to Hamsterley Forest.

10. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

Rodwell

ok mate: two on one trip to Hamsterley Forest

11. El Oso

El Oso Goalkeeper

However, not an adder, but much more dangerous, I was out in the sticks in Burma about 30 years ago.

There was a very basic outside toilet, the roof was propped up by a wooden post in the middle of it.

As I squatted on the toilet, to do my business, I looked at the post, coiled around it was a huge colourful snake.

Probably a krait or something.

It was looking at me and doing the flicky snakey thing with its tongue.

Quickest crap I have ever had.

12. SOLOL

SOLOL Goalkeeper

Yep one reared up at me while on a run around Kielder Reservoir. I say it was two foot plus but my brother, who was running behind me, reckons it was less than a foot.

13. :lol::lol:

14. SOLOL

SOLOL Goalkeeper

That tops my story mind!

15. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

What were you doing out in the sticks in Burma marra?

16. kossoff

kossoff Winger

Did you finish? Did you wipe?

I've never seen a snake in the wild in the UK. I did see one in Taipei (in the city area) and googled it to find out what it was (can't remember now) but they have lots of venous snakes over there, the snake I saw however wasn't one.

I've come across a few in Florida too (little ones in the garden or pool) and I remember my mum running over one in the car, a git big fuck off one (must have been 12ft+ fatty). You felt the wheels bump and then I looked back and saw this snake coiling around in the road.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    El Oso and Stevie Freestein II like this.
  17. StiflerPG

StiflerPG Midfield

Only ever saw one sunning itself on a rock near Cronkley Farm a bit further up from High Force. I didn't bother it and it didn't bother me, in fact I'm pretty sure it gave me a nod as if to say "not today fella". Grateful it was a nice day otherwise it might have had me.

Frijj, Macho, The and 1 other person like this.
  18. Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes Striker

Having a shite.

Frijj, vinegar hill, Macho and 6 others like this.
  19. You could have outran it I reckon.

[​IMG]

TZMouk, Frijj, Sneech and 3 others like this.
  20. becs

becs Striker Contributor

Not the UK but France. It was a campsite at St Jean de Monts. The main site was full so we were in an overflow site which was a bit rough and ready and backed onto fields. There were hoses on the ground going to the different pitches, then suddenly we noticed one of the hoses was moving and an adder slid across the path in front of us.

We also had a vole in the tent that holiday. It managed to get trapped where the ground sheet had curled up and it was scuttling up and down making a right racket trying to get back out.