Anyone ever seen a wild adder?

Yes lived near a quarry when i was younger it was wicked with them. Also seen them walking in Lincolnshire and Norfolk when Caravanning

Anyone I’ve seen a wild adder in the uk before?

The badger post got me interested
Loads up here that bask in sun next to river breamish....on another wildlife note didn't know crows could be semi tamed...woman at Alnmouth village golf club get followed all around course by same crow every week.She feeds it ,hits her shot and the crow sweeps in to where her ball lands where she repeats ....this goes on for whole round(9 holes)...amazing to watch and it's a canny spectacular location

Loads up here that bask in sun next to river breamish....on another wildlife note didn't know crows could be semi tamed...woman at Alnmouth village golf club get followed all around course by same crow every week.She feeds it ,hits her shot and the crow sweeps in to where her ball lands where she repeats ....this goes on for whole round(9 holes)...amazing to watch and it's a canny spectacular location

The food is simply a bribe to stop the crow nicking her ball, as is commonly their way.

However, not an adder, but much more dangerous, I was out in the sticks in Burma about 30 years ago.

There was a very basic outside toilet, the roof was propped up by a wooden post in the middle of it.

As I squatted on the toilet, to do my business, I looked at the post, coiled around it was a huge colourful snake.

Probably a krait or something.

It was looking at me and doing the flicky snakey thing with its tongue.

Quickest crap I have ever had.

You shat on a snake?

Kinky fucker.

"two on one trip to Hamsterley Forest".
Missed that .

Seen dozens over the years - had a small one crawl over my bare foot once,
Loads of them up on the moors around Weardale
South side of the Derwent reservoir is another hotspot
If you want to see them go out on a spring morning when they sun themselves to warm up
They'll be hibernating still at present, but in a month or so they'll be out and about,
More sloworms around than people think anarl
Only ever seen two slow worms . One, alive in Teesdale 55 years ago . One flattened on the road in Teesdale last year .

Last edited:
When we were kids the lad who lived opposite my grandma had a tame jackdaw. The crow family are very intelligent birds, and there's quite a few cases of folks taming them.

slow worms can be found when walking on south tyne trail..old railway clinker must warm up nice in the summer so they like to bask on it

Back