Anyone ever seen a wild adder?

Discussion in 'SMB' started by harmy, Feb 13, 2018.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

becs, Sossidge Rerls and Cowvahlo like this.
  2. Mike J

Mike J Midfield

When I was little my gran use to live on the west coast of Scotland next to a forest, me, my dad and brother went for a walk in the forest, we saw a snake sunning itself on a tree stump, my dad picked a long piece of grass and started to tickle it, thinking it was a grass snake.

When we got back to my grans my dad tells her, she asks what it looked like, he says black dimaond pattern on it, she told him it was an adder and he was a stupid sod for going near it.

Freddie the Greek likes this.
  3. I'm petrified of snakes and can't even watch them on the telly.
    I've only ever seen one snake live and that was a couple of years back up at the top of Santa Eulalia, in Ibiza. I was walking along and one slithered out of the bushes, I literally very nearly shit myself and was nearly knocked over as I belted over the other side of the main road.

As I was walking back with my milk from the Supermarket (on the other side, obviously), I couldn't see it, until a bus pulled away and I saw it lying in its death throes on the road.
    I almost felt sorry for it. Actually, did I balls.

4. Jack Wolforskin

Jack Wolforskin Midfield

Yes, loads in fact.

5. Jack Wolforskin

Jack Wolforskin Midfield

Yes, loads in fact.

6. Kevj

Kevj Winger

I've saw one at the far end of Bollihope where the quarry is near White Kirkley.

7. cauldbairn

cauldbairn Full Back

Nope, never, despite being pretty well travelled around the UK. I don't think they've killed anyone since the 70s here iirc.

8. AB22 Easy Tiger

AB22 Easy Tiger Nocturnal Tourist Staff Member Contributor

Caer_Urfa likes this.
  9. Lammi

Lammi Midfield

Seen dozens over the years - had a small one crawl over my bare foot once,
    Loads of them up on the moors around Weardale
    South side of the Derwent reservoir is another hotspot
    If you want to see them go out on a spring morning when they sun themselves to warm up
    They'll be hibernating still at present, but in a month or so they'll be out and about,
    More sloworms around than people think anarl

harmy likes this.
  10. thamesvalleyman

thamesvalleyman Midfield

Was snorkeling in a remote part of Philippines 2 years ago and saw a very dangerous and venomous sea snake. Was retreating away from it and got stung by a jellyfish...lesser of 2 evils I suppose

harmy likes this.
  11. Caer_Urfa

Caer_Urfa Striker

:lol: fuck off man

hve a like for managing to get a look at me i have a pool post on a UK snake thread. Superb stuff.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    AB22 Easy Tiger and If in doubt like this.
  12. Just a dead one. Was in a bale of hay .. all dried up

13. BRMC

BRMC Striker

Yes, up in Kielder. We played hide and seek as kids and one of us nearly sat on two.

We also have two old skins up me mam N dad's.

14. Brian Griffin

Brian Griffin Winger

There’s a decent Nyron story involving an adder somewhere on this board.

I’m not talking about is cock either.

15. I do reptile surveys for Surrey Amphibian and Reptile Group, recording sightings (and taking metrics of smooth snakes) of our 6 native reptiles. They're all fairly common down here due to all the heathland.
    We're starting early emergence surveys specifically for Adders next weekend. They'll be starting to pop out of their dens now to get some sun when they can.

16. Barnacle Boy

Barnacle Boy Striker

No but I heard one over Kielder last summer. Could I fuck find the scaly little bastard

17. aukq

aukq Midfield

"two on one trip to Hamsterly Forest"

why like?

18. Son stepped over one at the Galloway forest park, said calm as fuck ‘adder’ then realised and ran like fuck screaming ADDER

Was just curled up enjoying the sun

19. I've only ever seen one in the UK, sunning itself on Dartmoor.

I've seen loads of other snakes in Africa, mostly dead on the roads. On my first day up-country, though, I arrived at the teachers' mess, where I was to stay until I found my own accommodation, and the other teachers gathered to greet me. Suddenly a cry went up and everyone rushed outside. A snake had been spotted and, by the time I caught up, beaten to death. They held it up to me: an 8-foot cobra! :eek:

I did think about turning round and going straight back home.:lol:

Flared Hicks likes this.