Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great fight. Knew WLAD would push him to the limit as he went in for speed. Thought he had AJ a few times just couldn't land one more time.

Fair play to AJ mind. Dug very deep and the power told in the end. A fit fury beats him with ease though.

Fury Joshua I would love to see I can't help but rate fury people slate him they don't realise there isn't a bother heavyweight who can box like him but I think what last night proves is if Joshua connects it takes a lot to stay on your feet

Talk about learning on the job. This was his 19th fight. 19th! Learned more in 30 mins with Wlad than his previous eighteen. He proved his mettle and went from a boy (in fighting terms) to a man in front of everybody.

Thought he was done after the sixth. He didn't really seem hurt he just looked knackered. Less weights and more roadwork needed methinks. But he steadied himself, took a couple of rounds off, and then ended the fight. A mature rounds 6 - 11 considering he's basically a rookie.

Would look at either Pulev or Ortiz at the end of the year. Let Wilder face Parker, then have those two for all of the belts next summer. AJ wins that then hopefully Fury has sorted his shit out and you have an all british fight for the linear heavyweight championship.

Getting a semi on just thinking about it :lol:

Joshuas almost a stone heavier like and Vlad got caught multiple times. Fury danced around a slow boxer joshua would finish fury with ease

Fury danced round him and barely took a shot. Joshua got floored and recovered to win by TKO - this is indisputable, so not sure how you've come to that conclusion that it would be easy.

Talk about learning on the job. This was his 19th fight. 19th! Learned more in 30 mins with Wlad than his previous eighteen. He proved his mettle and went from a boy (in fighting terms) to a man in front of everybody.

Thought he was done after the sixth. He didn't really seem hurt he just looked knackered. Less weights and more roadwork needed methinks. But he steadied himself, took a couple of rounds off, and then ended the fight. A mature rounds 6 - 11 considering he's basically a rookie.

Would look at either Pulev or Ortiz at the end of the year. Let Wilder face Parker, then have those two for all of the belts next summer. AJ wins that then hopefully Fury has sorted his shit out and you have an all british fight for the linear heavyweight championship.

Getting a semi on just thinking about it :lol:

Good post this - huge jump in company tonight and he certainly knew about it. Enjoyed it when Hearn was booed in the ring too!

Fury danced round him and barely took a shot. Joshua got floored and recovered to win by TKO - this is indisputable, so not sure how you've come to that conclusion that it would be easy.

Totally different fights though. This was a aj slugfest. Fury fought vlads fight and outsmarted him. If it becomes a slugfest Fury doesnt last 5 rounds. Fury didnt catch vlad once aj stunned him several times

Age is just a number watch the full fight if you said who was 41 who was 27 you wouldn't know klitchko at times looked amazing I don't think that fight would have went any differently no matter what klitchko got in the ring

Disagree with that like - I think mid 30's he would have dealt with him tonight. Fair play to Wlad though he lost nothing tonight and as always very respectful afterwards.

If he is fully fit and mentally at it. Yes.

I just don't know how you can use ease in that sentence. Fury got nowhere near Wlad in the same way AJ did, it was a totally different fight. When you say ease, I presume you mean he wouldn't last a couple of rounds then? I'd love a wager on that.

Totally different fights though. This was a aj slugfest. Fury fought vlads fight and outsmarted him. If it becomes a slugfest Fury doesnt last 5 rounds. Fury didnt catch vlad once aj stunned him several times

There is zero chance fury goes to slug it with him man haway! He's not got remotely the KO power Wlad or AJ have. Tactics would be very similar to those he employed to win the belts.

If he gets caught then it's very possible it's Joshua who would win.

Enjoyed it. Over the moon that Joshua won but feel a bit sorry for Klitscho, like watching rocky get older and thinking it's time to call it a day.

I'd rather see Aj fight wilder than fury, something has me thinking fury could fluke a win and I'd hate to see that as I can't stand the bloke

Reactions: PTR
I just don't know how you can use ease in that sentence. Fury got nowhere near Wlad in the same way AJ did, it was a totally different fight. When you say ease, I presume you mean he wouldn't last a couple of rounds then? I'd love a wager on that.

That is rubbish man. Fury's victory was miles more impressive and Wlad was almost 2 years younger as well.

The aim is to hit and not be hit!! Not stand there and go to war until someone drops.

There is zero chance fury goes to slug it with him man haway! He's not got remotely the KO power Wlad or AJ have. Tactics would be very similar to those he employed to win the belts.

If he gets caught then it's very possible it's Joshua who would win.

The way aj came out at round 5 fury would have no answer for. Aj would dictate the tempo not fury

That is rubbish man. Fury's victory was miles more impressive and Wlad was almost 2 years younger as well.

The aim is to hit and not be hit!! Not stand there and go to war until someone drops.

Not a hope in hell Fury could deal with AJ boxing like he did in round 5. I guess we'll soon find out, but not a chance I would put my mortgage on Fury winning. Presumably you would, being that he would 'win with ease'?

I mean he just boxes his head off. I don't feel AJ has enough movement to even trouble fury.

If your that comfortable you don't need to take risks for the KO. Just win the rounds easily. AJ could have easily lost last night. Was on the brink TBH.

Exactly right mate but Joshua outboxed Vlad tonight and has more power and speed, theres every chance Fury gets hit.

If your that comfortable you don't need to take risks for the KO. Just win the rounds easily. AJ could have easily lost last night. Was on the brink TBH.

There's not a chance Fury beats Joshua 'with ease'. He may beat him but no way would it be easy.

Doesn't matter anyway because there's no way that fat knacker is getting back in the ring again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back