Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't think he outboxed him mind. Was getting his head jabbed off in many rounds. Also got put on his arse. WLAD couldn't get close to fury. Certainly did with AJ.
Different fight. AJ was in the pocket hence Wlad landing shots. Fury stayed on the outside and made it tactical. And in that kind of fight if you have a 4 inch reach disadvantage youre going to find it difficult.

Think it's really funny when people predict what will happen... last night proved you can't predict most things in boxing!

Fury could box Joshua around the ring, but if he lands of those uppercuts for instance it could also be game over for Fury.

Very intriguing fight and one that MUST happen, hope Fury gets himself sorted.

Joshua comes out of the fight with great credit - no doubt he's the real deal.

However, if Vlad had enough gas to continue to pressure him after he was wobbled then AJ would have been knocked out imo. He was there for the taking but Vlad gave him two round off to recover. A younger fighter than vlad might have been able to finish him off.

The thing with Joshua is he can be getting his head boxed off technically but all he needs is one of those sixty second bursts where he throws the kitchen sink at his opponent and his sheer power and momentum can bully them and land telling blows. He went for broke twice with vlad last night and both times he floored him. It's a risky all or nothing strategy as he was blowing out of his arse after his first salvo like.

Enjoyed that fight I thought vlad would win late on, shows what I know, a few things I took away from last night is Joshua can get back up once down but it does leave the question on how good is his chin and defence ? Loads of respect for both fighters and les hope Joshua gets fury and wilder as they will both pose different threats to him

Unbelievable fight and the best possible scenario for boxing as a whole, Joshua winning in spectacular fashion in a genuinely competitive fight. Clearly has some huge flaws, which make him even more exciting to watch now, but it's difficult to make a serious case for any heavyweight being able to beat him for a good few years at least. If only Fury hadn't gone off the rails, would have been the ultimate 'boxer vs the puncher' matchup

Bowe-Holyfield 1, Tyson-Holyfield 1, Lewis-Vitali and last night are by far and away the 4 best heavyweight title fights of the last 25 years

Totally different fights though. This was a aj slugfest. Fury fought vlads fight and outsmarted him. If it becomes a slugfest Fury doesnt last 5 rounds. Fury didnt catch vlad once aj stunned him several times
Outsmarted Vlad? The second half of the fight it was man vs boy til AJ caught Vlad in 11th.

Enjoyed that fight I thought vlad would win late on, shows what I know, a few things I took away from last night is Joshua can get back up once down but it does leave the question on how good is his chin and defence ? Loads of respect for both fighters and les hope Joshua gets fury and wilder as they will both pose different threats to him

It's heavyweight boxing, nobody has a particularly good chin when you are getting tagged by a 17 stone athlete. It's all about recovery when you do get hit and AJ did OK in that respect.

Difficult to call a Fury AJ fight. After watching them both fight Vlad - Fury's fight was very technical lots of feints/posturing from the both of them with Fury just doing enough to win the decision think Vlad thought he was winning the fight and never went after Fury with abandon, both fought on the back foot.
Last night Vlad went forward to AJ as he had to stop AJ marching forward and unloading. AJ has the belief that he is prepared to take a shot to land his own power shots confident that he hits harder.
Can see Fury fighting on the back foot against AJ keeping out of range trying to knick the rounds and hope that AJ becomes increasing frustrated and leave himself open for a big punch like how he fought Vald which was also Vlad's tactics but with AJ I think there will be a point in the fight where AJ has a round like the 5th and catches Fury and it becomes slug fest for a couple of minutes and suspect that AJ will finish him at this point.

What? Best shape Wlad has been in for years. It was an amazing fight and Joshua has answered a lot of questions tonight; I don't see the obsession of people wanting him to fail.

With success there will always be haters. Still can't believe what happened last night!

Great fight. Knew WLAD would push him to the limit as he went in for speed. Thought he had AJ a few times just couldn't land one more time.

Fair play to AJ mind. Dug very deep and the power told in the end. A fit fury beats him with ease though.

Not a chance mate. If Fury can stop been a waster then AJ will prove you massively wrong..

Joshua comes out of the fight with great credit - no doubt he's the real deal.

However, if Vlad had enough gas to continue to pressure him after he was wobbled then AJ would have been knocked out imo. He was there for the taking but Vlad gave him two round off to recover. A younger fighter than vlad might have been able to finish him off.
But there aren't any younger fighters as good as Vlad To wobble him in the first place and therefore he wouldn't have been in the posit to have been finished off

You'd think that both Fury and AJ had beaten prime Tyson, Holyfield and Lewis the way people are going on.

They both have victories over a great champion who was well past his best without his trainer with who he had his best success.

They're neither the greatest ever nor are they shit. They have different styles and styles make fights.

Just be thankful this will set up a great night where they can go at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back