Another dead Friday night in Sunlun....wtf

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
People mistake you have to spend a few quid to look smart ,sometimes it is the case but not always .One young lad who works for me doesn't spend great deals on clothes but always looks smart when I see him out .
I'd say the people I'm referring to just don't really care,as long as they are out ,they put owt their lasses iron on their backs.

Thats the problem we are skint. You say 30 quid extra but therell be a canny few who can only afford 30 quid for the whole night (me included)

Not everyone wants to spend 100 quid on drink. Newcastle is much better but I rarely go because its a waste of money for me.

I'm the same mate, I am no weekend millionaire, I am 25, university educated, work 9-5 in a full time career, yet stuck at home saving up and can't afford to do fuck all until I get paid next week

That's precisely why I avoid the town cause money is so precious. I'm going to London next weekend for a night out, I was out last weekend in town for a couple of pints but before that it'd been at least a month since I went out. Money is tight so you have to get the most out of nights out and spending my hard earned cash in cooper rose is just no value for money. I'd rather stop in and do other non alcohol related things on a weekend and have a big night out a few times a year

Times have changed
Social media ruined pubbin n clubbbin, back in our day you had to physically go out to see your mates , half the population met their missus when down town I bet, there would be Qs on a sat night and both fri and Sunday were busy also (sun was class), also now the drink prices are nuts and loads of the pubs are shit, kids now go into town much later as it's too expensive , whereas when we go out we still go out early on, it will never be the same again IMO...

Where else in the uk does that apart from extended Christmas shopping hours? It would be bleak in winter.

It may work in the summer but most people want to go home at 5:30-6:30. And remember that shop workers need time off too, comrade

Many of the large cities in UK have shops opening up to 6pm and later. But they also have a better offer to keep people there (bars, restaurants, live music venues etc) which Sunderland can't compete with.

To be fair you can get an uber from the middle of Newcastle to hylton castle for circa £15, it's about £12 to my door from Sunderland in a station taxi

How often are you alone in a taxi as well if you go out with the lads? I've never understood that logic, some of my mates don't go to Newcastle for fear of haemorrhaging cash and honestly you might spend an extra £20 or £30 over the course of the night yet have a far far better night drinking nice drinks, eating nice food in a vibrant city, full of interesting, attractive people, sitting in nice bars, listening to good music

Or you can save yourself £30 and go to vesta tilleys for "cheap pints" and bump into all the same losers from school who look 10 year older than you with their best Fred Perry polo top on with the button done up. Then end up in Arizona or cooper rose and dance to 15 year old tunes, it's just bleak man. Town is areet for a laugh once or twice a year but it's more to laugh at the place to be honest.

If £30 is the difference between being able to afford or not afford a night out then that's exactly the problem we face as a city, everyone's f***ing skint
Didn't know uber was so cheap mind.

Thats the problem we are skint. You say 30 quid extra but therell be a canny few who can only afford 30 quid for the whole night (me included)

Not everyone wants to spend 100 quid on drink. Newcastle is much better but I rarely go because its a waste of money for me.
My mate from work goes out in tha toon and easily spends £100+ every time. Fuck that, so can go out for 7 hours in Sunderland and not break £50

I don't think the culture has changed materially. People do go out later than people did in the 80s/90s but not everyone. People are also more health conscious but again, not by that much.

Subderlands problem is sadly Newcastle is infinitely better for a night out these days. A result of a whole host of varied reasons of which must have been discussed.
Tunes?

People mistake you have to spend a few quid to look smart ,sometimes it is the case but not always .One young lad who works for me doesn't spend great deals on clothes but always looks smart when I see him out .
I'd say the people I'm referring to just don't really care,as long as they are out ,they put owt their lasses iron on their backs.
I get what you're saying but not sure why it's relevant. It shouldn't really matter how people look when they go out and it used to be a right pain in the arse with door policies deciding on whether you could have a drink based on how you were dressed. Perhaps if you had places catering to different 'scenes' then it might be better for the place.

What we need, is more bass
Of course we do, Malcolm.

I'm the same mate, I am no weekend millionaire, I am 25, university educated, work 9-5 in a full time career, yet stuck at home saving up and can't afford to do fuck all until I get paid next week

That's precisely why I avoid the town cause money is so precious. I'm going to London next weekend for a night out, I was out last weekend in town for a couple of pints but before that it'd been at least a month since I went out. Money is tight so you have to get the most out of nights out and spending my hard earned cash in cooper rose is just no value for money. I'd rather stop in and do other non alcohol related things on a weekend and have a big night out a few times a year

You say you're no weekend millionaire but how much is that going to cost you for a night out?? Transport to London and back? High London prices for drink/food? Staying in a hotel??

I get what you're saying but not sure why it's relevant. It shouldn't really matter how people look when they go out and it used to be a right pain in the arse with door policies deciding on whether you could have a drink based on how you were dressed. Perhaps if you had places catering to different 'scenes' then it might be better for the place.

Of course we do, Malcolm.
I agree to a certain extent for efternoon drinking ,whoever I personally couldn't take out beautiful woman for meal with superficial clothes on .

See this is completely the limp wristed attitude that has ruined our once great country. When we were 25, we were in the pub 5 nights a week and mortal 3 of them. We spent ALL our spare money on the piss.
At one point I was coming out with £750 a month and spending £600 of that on going out.

See this is completely the limp wristed attitude that has ruined our once great country. When we were 25, we were in the pub 5 nights a week and mortal 3 of them. We spent ALL our spare money on the piss.
At one point I was coming out with £750 a month and spending £600 of that on going out.

If I hadn't spent all the money that I have done on going out with mates drinking and clubbing 6 nights a week, and paying credit card and bank interest, I'd now be living in a large house with a nice car and a Ferrari in the garage for fun days. But my life would have been oh so boring.

Or it could be as simple as that it's the middle of the month and there's a bank holiday next week so everyone is saving their cash.
All these people lamenting that the scene they remember from being 18 doesn't exist don't realise that the scene for that age group does exist but they aren't invited.
A fortune being spent in the city on refurbishing or opening new pubs, it is far from on its arse.

You say you're no weekend millionaire but how much is that going to cost you for a night out?? Transport to London and back? High London prices for drink/food? Staying in a hotel??

Aye it's cost a bit like but it's not a weekly or even a monthly thing, last time I did something like this I went to Manchester in November. I reckon about £400 all in, maybe a bit more, were driving down with a full car and staying in an airbnb, was about £100 each for 2 nights. £400 is honestly 5, maybe 6 at a push nights out in Sunderland. Rather do stuff like this every other month than blow all my coin in Sunderland, personally. None of my mates go out every weekend anyway

:lol:
Aye fair one like, I don't come away with much more than £750 a month now unfortunately, it's bleak out there when you're 25 mate. Only made bleaker when you come home from your monthly night out having spent £100 in Sunderland and nout to show for it except a beef sarny from proper roast and some fat beautician with 2 bairns from red house's phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back