Another dead Friday night in Sunlun....wtf

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in the Ivy, Barnetts and Sam's Bar Friday night. Ivy was busy as usual, there was a decent crown in Barnetts although it wasn't full but I was surprised how empty it was in Sam's Bar as it's always been pretty full when I've been in.

Sunniside is usually pretty dead on Friday, rammed on Saturday.

Sunderland council dont help matters with their shit parking policies. If going for a meal out and taking the car I wouldnt consider Sunderland over the free parking in Newcastle.
:lol::lol:

I must be doing something wrong because I've never managed to get a parking ticket in Sunderland :cry:. Never paid more than £1.10 for parking in the city centre either no matter how long I've stayed. The only ticket I've ever had was in Jesmond when I kipped over at a mates and parked in a permit only zone. Fair enough but I was the only car on his street and it was 8am on a Saturday morning when the parking police came round, so that stung a bit.

Last edited:
The decline of the local bar is more depressing than the shitness of our town centre imo.
Mind you. We all went through Newcastle couple weeks ago, my first time in about 12 year, got there about 2 on a Saturday afternoon. By about 4/5 ish the bars we were in were already busy. Stayed around the Grey street area and Dean Street area. Revs, botonist and that. Really enjoyed myself. Pissed myself in Harry's bar at around half 7 and had to go home.

You sir, sound like a winner!

had happened to this wonderful town that used to be so vibrant on a Friday neet out ??
Looking back on the topper Friday nights out mid 90s to mid noughties, Finos , Brogans etc. Great days.
Now ? Fkn hell , it's desperate.

Unfortunately, they get a Metro or taxi to Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back