56 and on the scrapheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not job hunting currently happily but have been there. Dependent on the type of job you are going for, you can be asked for dates and types of qualification.

you would only need the dates after getting the job.

otherwise they are snooping for age discrimination and can be shopped

Got an interview this afternoon. Hopefully it goes well.
Sick to death of watching Jeremy Kyle and the rest of daytime telly shite.
Prolly no use to you but there's plenty of work going in hawes . @TAFKAHM s place have nicked everyone elses staff !

Got an interview this afternoon. Hopefully it goes well.
Sick to death of watching Jeremy Kyle and the rest of daytime telly shite.
Good luck man. My da's 54 and he's found it a bit tricky getting back to work. Complicated by his health a little bit like. He was pretty upbeat about an interview he had a few days ago, I could see how much it meant that he had a chance of getting back to it.

Graduate, me? :lol::lol:
Sticking to my comfort zone, electrical technician.
Will do owt though.

We used to struggle to get E and I techs and electrical techs a few years back as they were all going offshore. I guess that had changed a bit now and the shortage is no longer apparent. See if you can get into shutdown work plenty of that sill around and he average age of the lads doing it was pretty high

Will do anything mate to get me active again.

My dad was laid off early fifties, went from managing tab factories to driving buses. He did around 6 years at Go North East, initially on the service buses but after a year or two he reduced down to just doing the school runs.

He seemed to enjoy it and I think they put you through all the relevant training/tests.

Get the Indeed app on your phone. There's 95 jobs within 25 miles of Sunderland on there. Some are apprenticeships but even if there's 10 that tick your boxes then that's 10 more than you have.

That's for electrical tech

no. some firms want a trust worthy 56 year old who comes in and works. not a 22 year old who rings in sick all the time due to the drink and is constantly pissing about on facebook on their phone.
keep the faith
And the older generation wonder why unemployment in 18-25 year olds is at an all time high. Attitudes like yours about young people are sad really.

And the older generation wonder why unemployment in 18-25 year olds is at an all time high. Attitudes like yours about young people are sad really.

It's also because the pension age keeps getting increased, so oldies aren't vacating jobs so the young uns can't get a start.

People on the SMB criticising others for clocking on their phones at work :lol:

Those criticising might not be at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back