56 and on the scrapheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would you go back offshore? There are two significant developments which are just about complete in construction and will sail away over the next few months. Should arrive in the north sea in July to August and I know are not fully MC signed off.

More to doing work than earning a large salary, need to do something since I chucked in offshore.

Do you not fancy doing what I did. Start your own business?
Starting her up with a small shop so when thats done I will be at a loose end again.

Would you go back offshore? There are two significant developments which are just about complete in construction and will sail away over the next few months. Should arrive in the north sea in July to August and I know are not fully MC signed off.
Not fancying going offshore again, looking for something monday-friday, days or shifts not bothered. Bored to tears.

Last edited:
From over 3 years ago, you must have spent some time on the search, weird.
About a minute. Was looking for a person who said they were married to a lottery winner who I knew to see if they post on here. The search function is very good.

I imagine its to do with the amount of competition you could be up against in the NE as much as anything.

56 is bugger all

That's when I had my mid life crisis,
...or something like that ;)

Try:

http://nodesiretoretire.com/

Aimed for job seeking over 50's.
Had a quick look, nearly all care positions.

dont go back that far then
It is hard to hide your age when dates of employment are asked for, and qualifications and dates are asked for too.

I hate CVs they all spout the same "...I'm a good team player and also able to work independently...".

Just read two CVS and they look really good but they don't actually tell the truth, both candidates are clock watchers who play on their phones all day...

It is hard to hide your age when dates of employment are asked for, and qualifications and dates are asked for too.

I hate CVs they all spout the same "...I'm a good team player and also able to work independently...".

Just read two CVS and the look really good but they don't actually tell the truth, both candidates are clock watchers who play on their phones all day...

just give jobs in the last 15 years and leave off dates from your qualifications.

Just read two CVS and the look really good but they don't actually tell the truth, both candidates are clock watchers who play on their phones all day...
Viz Top Tip:

Employers - throw out half of the CVs of job applicants to eliminate the unlucky ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back