**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

Discussion in 'SMB' started by CraigyLee, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Ditchboy

Ditchboy Central Defender

I think I have finally discovered how to chip the ball consistently. Only been playing for about 15 year now. :cool:

2. Old Prestonian

Old Prestonian Striker

Did you use your putter? ;)

3. Ditchboy

:lol: I’ve used my putter around the greens for ages when my head went with the wedge. Had a short game lesson a few weeks back and it has transformed my game so far. The concept between what I thought was correct and a reliable method is seriously different.

Old Prestonian likes this.
  4. Narraback

Narraback Striker

Played Brampton today. Fuck that's one hilly course! The greens were a bit lumpy but the rest of the course was in decent condition for the time of year.

Spam Javelin likes this.
  5. Ditchboy

Mountain goat territory.

6. Narraback

Narraback Striker

Hard work with my arthritic knees :confused:

7. hungry mouse

hungry mouse Full Back

Played dunstanburgh castle yesterday with our society and have to say it’s a great course, well worth a visit. Also bumped into John Inverdale who was on a golf trip with about 15 lads.

Narraback likes this.
  8. British masters is back at close house next year.

CraigyLee and harmy like this.
  9. harmy

harmy Midfield

Think I’ll have a dodge up next year. Hope it’s in the summer this time tho.

10. CraigyLee

CraigyLee Striker

August apparently

11. Old Prestonian

Old Prestonian Striker

Is that Summer?

12. Finally got back down to 5 today. I got cut 0.4 shooting 36 points as the stand scratch was 72, 2 over par. This was due to the pin placements after a Durham v Lancashire County game. Only 9 players out of 165 scored 37 or more..

13. Dendinho

Dendinho Striker

Nice one mate

14. wilma56

wilma56 Central Defender

. 6 cut last week, gets me back down near where I was before. Another good comp and I will be back to single figures.
    Mad thing about the round was it was medal I used all my shots up on 3 holes. Had two 8s and a 7. 15 holes I was under par. Shows I can do it.

peterleeyacker and trustnoone like this.
  15. CraigyLee

CraigyLee Striker

Absolute bag of shite for me yesterday

If it was medal I’d still be in the bunker on the 1st I reckon

16. What's the bunkers like there mate.
    A mate of mine is playing there in the a county competition on Saturday.

17. Narraback

Narraback Striker

We have a corporate membership there and I didn't rate it. I've played far better courses which are a lot cheaper.

18. CraigyLee

CraigyLee Striker

Some are okay but there’s a few with next to nothing in them (8 and 13 spring to mind)

id tell him to avoid the fairway bunkers on 5 and 6 at all costs they’re more like green side bunkers no chance of hitting the green from 5 or getting up Near the green on 6

The greens have been pretty shit too truth be told

peterleeyacker likes this.
  19. I'll let him know. He's playing In the county matchplay knockouts

20. I haven’t played in 7 months and off to Benidorm with the lads playing golf in 4 weeks....ffs

Gonna be going cold.:mad: