**** 2019 Golf Thread ****

I think I have finally discovered how to chip the ball consistently. Only been playing for about 15 year now. :cool:

Did you use your putter? ;)

:lol: I’ve used my putter around the greens for ages when my head went with the wedge. Had a short game lesson a few weeks back and it has transformed my game so far. The concept between what I thought was correct and a reliable method is seriously different.

Played dunstanburgh castle yesterday with our society and have to say it’s a great course, well worth a visit. Also bumped into John Inverdale who was on a golf trip with about 15 lads.

. 6 cut last week, gets me back down near where I was before. Another good comp and I will be back to single figures.
Mad thing about the round was it was medal I used all my shots up on 3 holes. Had two 8s and a 7. 15 holes I was under par. Shows I can do it.

What's the bunkers like there mate.
A mate of mine is playing there in the a county competition on Saturday.

Some are okay but there’s a few with next to nothing in them (8 and 13 spring to mind)

id tell him to avoid the fairway bunkers on 5 and 6 at all costs they’re more like green side bunkers no chance of hitting the green from 5 or getting up Near the green on 6

The greens have been pretty shit too truth be told

Some are okay but there’s a few with next to nothing in them (8 and 13 spring to mind)

id tell him to avoid the fairway bunkers on 5 and 6 at all costs they’re more like green side bunkers no chance of hitting the green from 5 or getting up Near the green on 6

The greens have been pretty shit too truth be told
I'll let him know. He's playing In the county matchplay knockouts

Back