*********2018 Cycling Thread********

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had a Dolan bike/frame in the past and liked it.
To be honest I liked the look of the Ares but not my size( being a short arse)
The di2 is the "older version" rather than the 800 series, but changes really aesthetic( git big crank arm etc trickle down from Dura Ace. The 6780 version works superbly and the wife has it on her "summer bike"

If I'd gone for the bike direct with Dolan( after adding pedals,better wheels and Adamo Saddle I'd easily be looking at £1000 quid more than what I can put it together for, benefit I suppose of being able to recycle/cannabilise.

No target but I'd expect to be around the 10,000 again...normally try and get set hours in with distance taking care of itself.
slightly down last year( 9,500 ish) and year before exceeded the 10,000

See what is around the corner( injuries/illness)

10k Jesus! I only did 8k in the car last year.
Starting a new job next week, which is about a 10 mile commute mostly on cycle path. Haven't biked to work before, seems too much of a faff on, might give it a go.
Hoping to get over 2k in this year at least and start seeing my averages go up- need to shift a stone and half first like.

10k Jesus! I only did 8k in the car last year.
Starting a new job next week, which is about a 10 mile commute mostly on cycle path. Haven't biked to work before, seems too much of a faff on, might give it a go.
Hoping to get over 2k in this year at least and start seeing my averages go up- need to shift a stone and half first like.

Know a few lads who do far more than me and no junk miles..
Having said that I only do about 6000 miles a year car wise( incl work miles)

Anyone watching British cyclo cross from Hetton Lyon?. On Eurosport now.

Can't believe I missed that, I live in Houghton.

Last Sunday passed that way on bikes..saw loads on nearby roads who were clearly waming up etc
Ffs! Seen it advertised before Christmas, then completey forgot about it.
Alzheimers kicking in I reckon.

The cyclocross was a great day, me and Evie Richards are now best mates. I posted loads of photos from the day on my Instagram.

As an alternative to Mallorca which we did last year and loved, anyone ever stayed in Nice for a cycling holiday and if so, what's the craic?

I've done a few trips to Berre des Alps, in the Alps Maritime, about 40kms north of Nice. Great location for early/late season training as the roads are open much earlier than the Hautes Alps.

Col du Turini is a marvellous climb but lots of other good riding. I'd be less sure about staying in Nice itself purely because of the faff of riding out on v busy roads but it is a lovely city with fabulous restaurants.

I've done a few trips to Berre des Alps, in the Alps Maritime, about 40kms north of Nice. Great location for early/late season training as the roads are open much earlier than the Hautes Alps.

Col du Turini is a marvellous climb but lots of other good riding. I'd be less sure about staying in Nice itself purely because of the faff of riding out on v busy roads but it is a lovely city with fabulous restaurants.

Cheers mate, good advice I'll look into that area.

Aye just been from Shields to Washington, in my face every single second to the point I actually shouted "fuck off man" when going up hill luckily I was alone

South along a167 outbound and headwind for 18 miles or so...
Nice on return mind:cool:

Not much I’m medium...
Need to stop buying gear as well.

If buying owt trying to avoid Rapha/Castelli etc and go for something a bit different .
Quite like Morvelo and Stolen Goat atm

I'll be honest I have everything I need gear wise. Someone at work told me about this and he swears by them, don't think I have ever had assos stuff. I generally have a mix from all over, decent brands down to the cheaper stuff.

I'll be honest I have everything I need gear wise. Someone at work told me about this and he swears by them, don't think I have ever had assos stuff. I generally have a mix from all over, decent brands down to the cheaper stuff.

I've used the Assos outlet and the service and the gear were excellent. Assos stuff generally is the best gear I've had; top quality.

Done a grand total of 43km so far this year; hopefully get out this weekend if the weather improves
Ive done 19km and that was on the mountain bike. I can put some of my idleness down to 10 days in Langkawi at the beginning of the month but I’ve really got to clip in and get some kilometres in the legs soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back