*********2018 Cycling Thread********

Hope to get out tomorrow with club for 1st ride of the year....will be hard after Christmas and new year like. Booked a week in the spain mountains start of May and c2c in a day and a few sportives and audax hopefully.

Plan on having a good year this year. Last year, I had a good summer and saw clear gains in my fitness levels and subsequent enjoyment, but due to travelling with work, the back end of the year was poor to non-existant. Have to make up for a few lost months now. I'm no longer working away from home so have a good shot at it.

Trip to Wales planned for Easter, doing the c2c with the lads from here and will add in other weekends away over the summer.

Main goal is ten days in Nepal doing the Annapurna Circuit next year, so want to end the year fit so I'm in a good starting place next.

Riding wise probably same old same old....nowt specific unless someone on here wants to organise summat ?

Foreign/sunny jaunt ?

Pick your time of the year and particularly time of the day to do it..
Twice now so plenty of less well known climbs out there to do
Went on holiday there last year, had a drive up one day because it was pissing down (nowt else to do) the amount of coaches was off putting, ridiculous really, they should be banned from that road. There's another ride up to a monastery, near Cala dor that's challenging and a 10k climb out of Soler that looked brutal.

Went on holiday there last year, had a drive up one day because it was pissing down (nowt else to do) the amount of coaches was off putting, ridiculous really, they should be banned from that road. There's another ride up to a monastery, near Cala dor that's challenging and a 10k climb out of Soler that looked brutal.

The coaches are the main reason for choosing month and time of day.
Earlier or later in day better and tourist season best avoided.

Soller climb not too bad....find femenia tough due to the heat (rocks somehow reflect the heat on that climb)

Loads of lesser known climbs to monasteries...san Salvador (South of island) and Santa Margalida( near inca) though not easy to find the fucker.

Back